fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > fog lights

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

fog lights

My fog lights havent been working for a while. Decided to check fuses n wiring yesterday and found only 1 wire connected. The switch has 3 prongs and the wire was connected to the bottom prong only. A few months back my mechanic fixed my wipers and I'm wondering if he did it at the cost of me losing my fog lights. I followed the wire and its spliced to another wire that leads to a harness. The splice job doesn't seem like it was done out of the factory but what do I know?
Can anyone shed some light on this please? I would really like to get my fog lamps back as I tend to trail mostly at night when I do trail.

Thanks gents.

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds strange. Might just be easier for you to re-run your own wires again from the lights to the switch.
ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have no idea how to do it tho. If I go that route I'll prob just buy a new set-up and avoid old wiring.
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You can find some wiring diagrams online or here on JF if you like your lights. You just need to purchase some wire and a relay. But if you buy new lights, you'll have everything you need.
ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
timgr
1975 CJ6 

Wiring diagram - http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/88/88_FSJ_...agramPage1.jpg

from here http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html

Just put the wires back like the factory installed them. If you can't find the relays, follow the wire down from the bulkhead connector on the firewall.
1) '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps. 2) '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, KOs, 7600 GVWR 3) '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top 4) '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thanks.

Just found a loose blue wire from the module. Will try to find its home in a few hours
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

So I read the wiring diagram and tried 2x to find the blue wires home in that relay. Its cut barely so that it would reach 1 of the wires and its a red wire that goes into the firewall. However there is also another red wire leading to the firewall along the top side of driver fender. That wire is connected to the relay via a connector that has a 1" blue wire connected at the relay.... I am somewhat confused as to which of the 2 red wires it goes to. I tried like hell to insert it into the one with just a solid red wire but I need to remove the winshield washer fluid container to be able to get in there. I just don't want to burn other stuff out by connecting it to the wrong wire.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I can also text pics
Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.