first jeep 1979 cherokee golden eagle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > first jeep 1979 cherokee golden eagle

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 02-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
acgaristo77
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

first jeep 1979 cherokee golden eagle

hello all,

title says the introduction... this thing has been sitting for 4 or 5 years, and needs some of the obvious attention before its driveable fluids/battery/hoses/general tune up... but i was wondering if there are any other special attention areas to go over, i was thinking maybe changing the differential fluid? this is all before i make it a driver to safely go wherever it is i want to go. its the 360 2bbl th400 quadra-trac model.

factory paint scheme with eagle on hood, original everything, brushguard etc...

acgaristo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Eric1080
1978 J-Series Truck 

def do diff fluid. also check pwr steering. check tie rods. check bearings. steering stabilizer. grease everything. when i got mine i checked everything over like 5 times just to be sure.
Eric1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

I vote you take out those axles and sell them to me

On a more serious note, go ahead and check all the fluids, drain/replace as needed. If you're not too concerned with the 4x4 to begin with you can skip this, but at some point you're going to want to check the chain in your transfer case.
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats....PICS!!!
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.