Finally Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Finally Exhaust

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 05-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Finally Exhaust

After what seems to be months, I have starter installing custom single exhaust.
New y-pipe, 2" drop passenger, 2-1/4 driver side / 2-1/2" collector built and bent by Z&M here in town. 2-1/2 inch Magnaflow, 2-1/2" out the back.

RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lets hear it.
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Lets hear it.
Soon, I plan on being done Sunday noon.
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRollin

Soon, I plan on being done Sunday noon.
Awesome. I would like to know how the Magnaflow sounds and what kind of resonance you get with it.
Unread 05-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
88wood

I have completely removed my exhaust from the manifolds back, what a hunk of rusty crap that thing was. Any advice you have from putting yours back together would be great. This is my first experience putting an exhaust together.

Owning a FSJ I get to say "first time I did this ------" a lot. But I am learning a lot and its fun working on it with my two boys.
88wood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wood View Post
I have completely removed my exhaust from the manifolds back, what a hunk of rusty crap that thing was. Any advice you have from putting yours back together would be great. This is my first experience putting an exhaust together.

Owning a FSJ I get to say "first time I did this ------" a lot. But I am learning a lot and its fun working on it with my two boys.
The Walker y-pipes are decent, and not that pricey, and it ends in a 2-1/2" expansion sleeve.Depending on how your states emissions laws are, you could go with a straight pipe to a muffler, or include a cat (size of choice). Once that part is installed, take it to an exhaust shop and have them bend and install a tail pipe.
I would recommend Rock auto for the y-pipe, Summit racing for the rest.
You do have to retain the exhaust dampner valve on the drivers side. Inspect the studs on the manifolds, clean the threads or replace if possible. I prefer the band clamps over the u-bolt clamps for securing the joints. Jack it up and get some room, and use those smaller hands in the tight spots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.