Finally!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Finally!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

Finally!!!

Well I finally got my new floor sealed and got my j10 pushed in the garage. Got the drive shafts out, tranny and transfer case out. Boy was I relieved to see clutch disc material everywhere. I had to tow the truck home because the clutch was out, or so I was told. I was expecting to see the transmission input shaft broke, but it was the clutch disc. The pressure plate side was completely stripped of material, the flywheel side had about a third of its material. I have to wait a day or two for an impact wrench to get the flywheel off so I can have it resurfaced. I never had a problem taking them off before but these flywheel bolts are being extra stubborn. I cant wait to take this jewel for a spin!!!

big_o_tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
usererror
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Always a great feeling when your vehicle is back in your own garage!
usererror is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

Oh yeah! Finally got the flywheel off, gonna get it resurfaced in the morning. Got to change the pilot bushing then put everything back together then drive it!
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

Took the truck for a spin, the handling was ok. The po had put an extra set of shackles (read 4 shackles) to get some extra lift. I got those off today and it jandles much better. Got to do a tune up on the motor and clean the carb. It runs good until I step on it then it spit and sputters. It needs new brakes, a set of side mirrors and a different bench seat!!! Drove it to town and then to work saturday, had five compliments on it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.