Engine pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Engine pressure

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 11-03-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
neo18

Engine pressure

I have an 88 jeep wagoneer. A few months ago i rebuilt it bored .30 over, with new cam pistons,what have you. it runs great, I'm having a problem with a large amount of pressre inside the vavle cover pushing oil throung the fill cap and, gromets on top. What could be causing this? is there something i may have missed?, what's a good fix for the problem?

neo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Your PCV valve handles crankcase pressure. You might want to check to see if it is hooked up to manifold vacuum. You also need to check the valve to see if it is plugged. Hopefully this will fix your problem.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.