Eaton power steering pump on a jeep engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Eaton power steering pump on a jeep engine

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
rapid
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Eaton power steering pump on a jeep engine

I'm trying to identify my engine. I have a 360 in my 1979 wide track cherokee chief. It has an Eaton power steering pump and it was only after owning the cherokee for about 16 years that I realized the engine wasn't from a 1974 Cherokee as I had thought. I concluded it was from a 1971 Javelin (its new claim to fame!!). Does anyone know when and if Jeep stopped using the Eaton power steering pump? Could it be from a 1972 Wagoneer? I need this information so I can purchase the correct long block. (The engine ID tag has fallen off the valve cover) Thanks.

rapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
CSP

Does that pump have a reservoir that's like a big soup can with a lid that's held on by a nut that has to be removed to add fluid?

It's been so long since I've seen the Eaton pump that I'm not sure what they look like. I know for a fact that by '72 the Saginaw pump was used, but it may have been earlier.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.