driver door window stuck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > driver door window stuck

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
wagoneerpioneer
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

driver door window stuck

Hey everybody!

I have an '87 Grand Wagoneer and the other day my driver's side window got stuck down and now won't roll back up. The electric motor is running fine but it doesn't seem to be catching the window to push it back up. Any suggestions on what may be wrong, and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks!

wagoneerpioneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
ndm06
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sounds like your window flex track is broke. They are plastic and break from time to time. They cost under $30. You'll need to remove the door panel, remove the rail the track rides on and slide off the broken track. Apply some grease to the rail and the new track and install.
ndm06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
wagoneerpioneer
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

THANKS!!! Found it, and I have the track on its way now.
wagoneerpioneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
CutterN55
1986 CJ7 

I've gotten pretty good at the flex rack replacement. I just unbolt the bracket for the motor and the track from the door and angle the top back about 30-45* and stick the top end out a hole in the door and pull the old track off and lube up the new one and slide it on. run it down a little ways and push the window switch down to suck the track back a little so the top little piece is out of the way. put the bracket and track back in position and run the screws in a few turns and push the widow up and put the top little piece in the widow lifter and run the window up and tighten down the screws. I've got this down to under 30 minutes. I do it this way because screwing with the greasy 1/4" bolts that hold the motor on the track are a pain in the butt and I've got big sausage fingers.

Tags
door , power windows , repair , window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.