Dana44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Dana44

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
YLime

Dana44

Can anyone give me an idea on pricing for Front & Rear Dana 44's from a '78 Wagoneer? I've found a huge price range, not quite sure why. They're not rebuilt, just out of a broken down waggy. Sorry for my ignorance, any help appreciated!

YLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
CSP

I've bought and sold them for $100 an axle. I wouldn't pay more than $150.

Make sure that the rear is usable for your situation. Most rear D44s of that era have a very offset housing that was used with the offset output Quadratrac transfer case.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
I've bought and sold them for $100 an axle. I wouldn't pay more than $150.

Make sure that the rear is usable for your situation. Most rear D44s of that era have a very offset housing that was used with the offset output Quadratrac transfer case.
what he said, i paid $250 for a known good set that had the gearing I wanted. They were already pulled.

However, i was also offered a set with the wrong gearing for $100, that i would have to pull.... so, there is a wide range of prices.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Damn guys, those prices are awesome. All the scrapyards here tax at 250 per axle

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.