dana 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > dana 44

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
blackjeep

dana 44

i have a jeep wrangler and i am going to swap a dana 44 in out of a wagoneer. It has to have the driverside differencial. I was wandering what year to get. I want one with lockout hubs. Is there any year that has bigger u-joints or any other benifits. Thanks in advance.

Unread 05-07-2002, 04:37 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by blackjeep:
<strong>i have a jeep wrangler and i am going to swap a dana 44 in out of a wagoneer. It has to have the driverside differencial. I was wandering what year to get. I want one with lockout hubs. Is there any year that has bigger u-joints or any other benifits. Thanks in advance.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know 86-91 was driver side on the pumpkin and unless some swapped manual hubs on, these years had internally splined (this is good) hubs vith a vacuum disconnect - very similar to your YJ's vacuum disco.
All GW's were six lug.

I'm sure other years will work but all I'm familiar with are 86-91.
Unread 05-07-2002, 10:54 PM   #3
Bob Barry

Actually, all Wags and Grand Wags, as wel as Cherokees and J-trucks, used D44 front ends from '80-'91 (the '86-'91 range was for the D44 in back).

You don't want a J-truck or Wide-track Cherokee front axle, as it would be too wide for your application. You also want to avoid the '83-'84 Selectrac vehicles, as they had an oddball vacuum-disconnect front end.
* '84 XJ Cherokee 2-door FOR SALE- $600
All that and more on the page below:
<a href="http://home.off-road.com/~wagoneer/" target="_blank">http://home.off-road.com/~wagoneer/</a>
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2002, 10:48 AM   #4
blackjeep

Thanks for the info. oldjeepguy do have on of these. I was wandering if i should get one with the vacuum diconect or the older ones with lockout hubs. I always tthought that that would be a stronger setup? do you know what gear options they came with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.