Considering 1983 Cherokee Purchase...Need Help!
I'm considering purchasing a 1983 Cherokee, but I need some help to understand what things I should be careful of, be certain about, avoid, etc. Basically, how to buy the thing!
- originally 145K miles
- engine was partially rebuilt 7 years ago with the following
. RV cam
. honed out pistons
. intake manifold
- "new" engine has 30K miles
- repainted about a year ago
- undercarriage is coated with spray on bedliner type protectant
- no rust on undercarriage
- completely reupholstered and clean inside
- radio doesn't work / no antenna
The background is that it's someone's baby and that person's illness has taken away their ability to drive. Sad. The owner treated it like a lady apparently.
Anyway, I'd like to know what to ask about, look for, and be ready to pay for something like that. I know it's minimal information for a big question, so any insight is appreciated.