ChrisHager's 79 J-10 Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > ChrisHager's 79 J-10 Build Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #31
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Realized I hadn't subscribed to this yet.

FSJs are my newest obsession, ha ha.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post

Sweet avatar Crawling! Looks familiar!

And keep up the good work Chris, that's an awesome looking truck, you have any videos of it yet? I wanna hear it run!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #33
Mack83
1984 J-Series Truck 

84 Jeep j10

I have an 84 J10 and Im getting ready to install the same intake as you. I haven't got that far with it yet, but how does the oil fill tube come off the old intake so I can transfer it over? I also have the same size Mickey's as you, but have been wondering what size lift im going to need to clear them. I dont do rock climbing, or extreme off roading. Im just setting this rig up for hunting and maybe a bit of dry river bed cruising! I wish mine looked as nice as yours thou. It has potential but I dont have the ambition to deal with body work.
Mack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #34
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post

Haha they are addicting! 15 minutes into the drive home when my brother and I picked it up, he was already wanting to buy an old vehicle and restore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post

And keep up the good work Chris, that's an awesome looking truck, you have any videos of it yet? I wanna hear it run!
I'll try to get a couple videos today and post 'em tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack83 View Post
I have an 84 J10 and Im getting ready to install the same intake as you. I haven't got that far with it yet, but how does the oil fill tube come off the old intake so I can transfer it over? I also have the same size Mickey's as you, but have been wondering what size lift im going to need to clear them. I dont do rock climbing, or extreme off roading. Im just setting this rig up for hunting and maybe a bit of dry river bed cruising! I wish mine looked as nice as yours thou. It has potential but I dont have the ambition to deal with body work.
I didn't have to mess with the oil fill tube as my new intake came with one installed. I can fiddle with the old one and let you know what I come up with if you'd like!

Per the lift - mine has a 3" Rough Country spring lift (it's very "rough"). That's plenty for the size tires I have. I'm am, however, not positive what the backspacing is on the wheels which could make a difference.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #35
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Oh I almost forgot - I have the stock intake and carb I'd be willing to let go for next to nothing if anyone is interested. I don't want to junk the parts but I don't want to store them for years either. Send me a message if anyone is interested! I'll post pics up soon.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

I took three videos that I will post tomorrow - one starting/revving from outside the truck, one in the cab, and one under the hood. Would you like any others?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post

I took three videos that I will post tomorrow - one starting/revving from outside the truck, one in the cab, and one under the hood. Would you like any others?
Awesome I'll check them out
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #38
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Videos! How do I embed them without breaking the page? Someone want to give me a hint?

Outside the Jeep - You get to see my beautiful mug in this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bP8iaPxQpI

Inside the Jeep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzN6y2-K2k

Under the hood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwUtCZH1CSM

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #39
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Videos! How do I embed them without breaking the page? Someone want to give me a hint?

Outside the Jeep - You get to see my beautiful mug in this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bP8iaPxQpI

Inside the Jeep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzN6y2-K2k

Under the hood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwUtCZH1CSM
Sounds awesome man! Has some pep to it!
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #40
Mack83
1984 J-Series Truck 

I checked out your video of under the hood. Curious to know if you had to get the throttle adaptor bracket or what you did about that. I put my edelbrock intake, 1 inch spacer and my edelbrock carb on bout an hour ago. I dont have it all hooked up yet but it looks like I may have some linkage issues. Im afraid that the throttle cable or the kickdown is going to reach. I know the kickdown is adjustable but not sure about it yet. I looked at the 8034 linkage bracket by edelbrock but it doesn't make sense. Anyway let me know what you think. Great job on yours by the way!
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #41
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Sounds awesome man! Has some pep to it!
It sure does. I'm looking forward to getting the ignition installed then tuning the carb. I imagine that will wake it up even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack83 View Post
I checked out your video of under the hood. Curious to know if you had to get the throttle adaptor bracket or what you did about that. I put my edelbrock intake, 1 inch spacer and my edelbrock carb on bout an hour ago. I dont have it all hooked up yet but it looks like I may have some linkage issues. Im afraid that the throttle cable or the kickdown is going to reach. I know the kickdown is adjustable but not sure about it yet. I looked at the 8034 linkage bracket by edelbrock but it doesn't make sense. Anyway let me know what you think. Great job on yours by the way!
The Edelbrock 8034 bracket goes under the throttle bracket and allows it to move forward a bit. If you look on the third page of these instructions, it shows how it is supposed to go: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_.../3000/3731.pdf

As for the throttle bracket itself, the one I'm using was already on the intake manifold. I can't quite remember if it matches the stock one but if memory serves me well, I *think* it was very similar if not the same. Here are a few pictures I snapped this morning. Maybe they will help.

Oh one more thing - we had to bend the throttle bracket a little to allow the throttle cable to point upwards a bit more. The location you hook the throttle cable to on the carb is so tall, it almost wants to bind. Something to keep in mind.

In these pictures, you can see which holes we used when mounting the throttle bracket with the Edelbrock 8034 adapter.

Throttle Cable:

You can kind of see how the throttle bracket aims 'upward' where the throttle cable comes through:

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
Mack83
1984 J-Series Truck 

Okay. I looked thru your photo bucket. I didn't see the 8034 bracket unless the pic that edelbrock uses on there website is a generic pic. Couple differences between mine and yours is Im using a edelbrock carb, and mine is an automatic trans. I got mine all hooked up today, with jerry riging up some brackets just to see how its going to work. I noticed on yours that your throttle cable appeared to be long enough to reach the throttle linkage, unless there was some other type of bracket im not noticing.
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #43
Mack83
1984 J-Series Truck 

Ah, I was finally able to see how that bracket works. Couldn't pull it up thru your post. I was able to google. Now I just gotta see if there is another bracket of some sort for the Kick down rod!
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #44
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Glad you figured it out!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #45
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

As stated earlier, I took some pictures of the stock intake manifold and carburetor. It sounds like they've already found a nice home but I figured I'd post up the pictures anyway. The carb is a 2150 with a compensator valve. The tag on the carb contained the numbers 9RHM2 D9C22. Anyhow, for those interested, here are the pictures.

Intake Manifold

2150 Carburetor

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.