cherokee brake problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > cherokee brake problem

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
srandallf

cherokee brake problem

Hi. I have a 2001 cherokee that has been having an annoying problem with the rear left brake.

14 months ago, i suddenly started getting a loud clicking sound with a grabbing sensation in the left brake. I had both rear brakes replaced.

A few months later, the sound came and feeling came back. I took it back to the shop and they did a "clean and adjust" job on the rear brakes. No charge. The problem stayed away for about a month. I have had to take it back no less than 5 times. They tell me I am the only Jeep that comes there with this problem.

You cant hear or feel anything unless your just about stopped, but at that point, it will actually make your head bob back and forth.

Has anyone had this problem or have any idea what it could be? Since this problem developed before the new brakes, I dont think they sold me bad brake parts

Thanks

srandallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
J4GRAND

Try this forum:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/

This one is for the big Cherokees made from 74 to 83.
78 Cherokee Chief- Hunting Property Rig
05 Grand Cherokee- 3.7 V6 5 speed auto
J4GRAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
srandallf

ooops. ok. sorry bout that
srandallf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.