Carb Issue- 2150fuel feedback - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Carb Issue- 2150fuel feedback

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
Brrrian1
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Carb Issue- 2150fuel feedback

1990 GW 85k miles

My mechanic tells me the 2150a carb is great except the fuel feedback feature is messing up and causing stalling/cutting off. It's pretty new. Acc Pump and Power Valve are ok. He says to find one without that feature. Starts and idles great.

Any recommendations on finding such a one or how to fix or adapt the one I have?

I have to either feather the gas pedal or punch it a bit at which time there's a good chance it stalls and I'm left sitting across the road trying to turn left.

I'd rather not go spend the coin at this time to convert to a 4 barrel carb and intake etc.

Thank for reply (ies)

Brian

Brrrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
lindel
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fuel feedback? Not familiar with that feature on the 2150 carb. It has an altitude compensation circuit, but that isn't likely to be your problem. My guess would be that the Accelerator pump needs to be adjusted correctly, and I would take another look at the power valve.

It could also be that the float level needs to be adjusted.
lindel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
RockRollin
Web Wheeler

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nope
no fuel feedback that I know of. As suggested, PV or Acceleration pump. Maybe crusty/russty Internals. The only anything electric hooked to the carb other than choke would be throttle solinoid, and thats only there to prevent dieseling
"Just Jeepin it real"
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
Brrrian1
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

there is a feedback solenoid. 2150a
thx for comments
Brian
South Carolina
Unread 02-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
RockRollin
Web Wheeler

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

There is a anti deiseling solinoid mounted on the same bracket as the throttle. It is NOT part of the carb.
Feedback....no. it does nothing at all to control the carb under normal Conditions. It is there to snap close the throttle plate and kill the engine. Cut the wire, take it off, throw it away, reset your idle speed.
"Just Jeepin it real"
Unread 02-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #6
Brrrian1
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

thx RockRollin. just black wire in pic and remove right?

So I would then guess back to all the other potential issues to go through.

Thx for comments.
Brian
feedback-pic.jpg

Unread 02-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #7
RockRollin
Web Wheeler

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thats it. Maybe some more info on the exact "shut off" scenario, we could dial you in a bit closer to the problem
"Just Jeepin it real"
Unread 02-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
gpcl16
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

x3 on accelerator pump. Those are classic symptoms you described. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's not defective, installed improperly, or needs adjustment. I'm betting either that or bad vacuum leak. I've had trouble with multiple 2150 carbs sealing at the back of the baseplate, underneath the altitude compensator.
gpcl16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
Brrrian1
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

That pic I uploaded a few messages ago is called the Throttle Positioner Assembly in the Haynes Repair Manual page 4-12.

Is that the same as the fuel feedback solenoid that's not part of the carb ? It was identified as that in earlier reply.

Just want to make sure. See previous pic.

I got the rebuild kit and gaskets etc today. Should find the time to rebuild and go through vacuum again by Sunday.
Unread 02-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #10
RockRollin
Web Wheeler

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yea same thing
"Just Jeepin it real"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.