a/c pully 401 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > a/c pully 401

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, Skids

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
401YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

a/c pully 401

I am running a 401 that was originally in a 1975 J20. I have transplanted the 401 into my 1991. Seven years ago when I did the swap I didn't plan on ever using the York ac compressor so for some stupid reason I ditched the 3 groove water pump pully for a 2 groove.

Now I am reinstalling the York for on board air and of course can't find the 3 groove pully. I was able to find one on the internet. What I have found out is the 3 groove pully I have purchased is a bigger diameter and none of the accessories line up at all. Is there different pullies for different years. I have to admit that the a/c set up on my truck is different then any pictures of amc's with air I have seen. My compressor only has a single belt, one idler pully and one tensioner pully. Most I have seen have 2 belts on the York. Anybody have any ideas where I am going to find the correct pully. Also the 3rd groove on my harmonic balancer pully, which is for the a/c compressor is larger then the power steering pump and Alternator pully.

401YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.