Brake Lights won't turn off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Brake Lights won't turn off

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 01-13-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
Derb
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Brake Lights won't turn off

I replaced the power brake booster today and I thought everything went great. Brakes work great and my rough idle issues are gone, but now my brake lights will turn off at all. I have to disconnect the battery cables.

Could I have messed up the Brake Light switch at the peddle somehow to cause it to do this? Is there anything else besides that switch that will cause the lights to stay on like that?

Oh forgot to add, this is on my 1991 Grand Wagoneer. Thanks in advance for any info/help.

Derb

Derb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Have you unplugged the switch. It may have slipped out of adjustment.
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
Derb
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

I haven't tried that yet. It was yesterday evening, after driving to a friends for dinner, when I noticed they were on. Will give it a shot.
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
Derb
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, I feel like a dummy, haha. I didn't realize that there were 2 switches mounted up there. From the angle I could see from I could only actually see the vacuum switch for the cruise control. Didn't realize there was another switch on top of that one until I climbed in from the passenger side and got my face on the other side of the pedal. Anyway, it just needed adjusted.

Have a good one and thanks again for the help!
Derb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.