Best lift for 35s on 82 wagoneer bougham - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > Best lift for 35s on 82 wagoneer bougham

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
banjer1982
1973 CJ5 

Best lift for 35s on 82 wagoneer bougham

What would be the best way to lift a wagoneer to fit 35s for moderate trail use? Should I do a 6" lift with a body lift or I was thinking do a SOA/rear shackle conversion with a 2" suspension lift? I've never owned an fsj and actually bought the wagoneer for parts for my CJ but now I'm thinking maybe build the wagoneer

banjer1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the FSJ world.
For moderate trail use a 4" lift (springs) with some sliders and a locker is my typical recommendation. You can fit 31" tires in and if your truck came with the trailer package (3.31 gears) you won't have to regear.
If you want bigger tires then SOA/SF should be good for 33" tires and with a little spring lift or trimming 35's. You will want to regear.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
banjer1982
1973 CJ5 

Thanks. I pick the Jeep up Tuesday and it needs a fuel sending unit and brake line. The gas tank is already pulled out so ill replace those and drive it for a while before I decide to make it a donor or keep it. I will probably keep it but I am not going to run anything less than 35s. I plan on regearing. The motor ran really well so I'm going to put off rebuilding that until after I do the suspension and other odds and ends
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Ok excellent. Before you put the tank back in PB blast the heck out of the nut and then break it loose with a socket on both sides. If the nut/bolt are rusty replace them, or at least the nut, and tack it in place. Then when you do the lift you won't have to mess with it.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
banjer1982
1973 CJ5 

Ok thanks. I should go ahead and stock up on PB. I'm dreading all the old rusty bolts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.