89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please

My 89 Big wagoneer is getting ready for the snow plow season with new lubes and a going over but I realized I had never had the trim tag decoded. I searched for over an hour on the net to no avail. I wonder if anyone can point me to where I can get it decoded or does someone on here have a book they can look at to help me understand the options?
Here is info:

4B
END 000885
JPA JPT LDB MPA MWA NHM
HH009906 S J J P74
APA PQ9 QQ9 ALYY EUA
DGA U 1J4GS587XKP100828 <--- (I know this is the VIN)

Any help would be appreciated. The old girl is such a fantastic snow plow.
Its got the 360 V8 and 3 speed auto on the column and Im guessing Select Trac since it has the slide switch under the dash for engaging the 4wheel drive. I run a western plow on it with 300Lbs of weight in bags in the rear end to help offset the plow weight up front..it doesnt spin a tire all winter long. Its got the NP229 tag on the transfer case too.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer me on this info. search.

Unread 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

I can't be of much help with decoding the trim tag, but I believe all Grand Wagoneers of that era (and up until the last in 1991) were pretty much the same.
They all had the 360 v8, 727 automatic 3speed, and I believe all had the 229 T-case. They also all have D44 front and rear axles. I believe limited slip was an option, as well as a tow package which came with a hitch, and lower gearing.

Anyway, I noticed that you plow snow with your wagoneer. I was wandering if you would be willing to take and post a couple pictures of how your snowplow mounts to the front of the wagoneer? I recently acquired an older 7'western plow, and would like to mount it to my 87 grand wagoneer to use to clear my 3/4 mile driveway. The plow did not come with the "truck side" mount, so I need to fabricate something. seeing how yours is mounted would greatly help with my design.

thanks,
muddy
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sure I can snap some pics and post them here after I get back in my pole barn this weekend. My western plow was already
mounted on my Wagoneer when I bought it but it sure works nicely.
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here are the pics of my Western plow mounting.. I bought it this way so Im not sure if this mounting is home-made or factory but it seems to be holding up nicely. More pics in 2nd reply.
plow1.jpg   plow2.jpg   plow3.jpg   plow4.jpg   plow5.jpg  

plow6.jpg   plow8.jpg   plow13.jpg   plow11.jpg   plow12.jpg  

Unread 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

few more ...light isnt too good underneath the Jeep but if you need something more clear or close up, let me know. I could drag a halogen flood light into the barn for better lighting. Hope this helps.
plow7.jpg   plow9.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

thanks, those pictures are really helpful.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.