89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

89 Grand Wagoneer trim tag decode please

My 89 Big wagoneer is getting ready for the snow plow season with new lubes and a going over but I realized I had never had the trim tag decoded. I searched for over an hour on the net to no avail. I wonder if anyone can point me to where I can get it decoded or does someone on here have a book they can look at to help me understand the options?
Here is info:

4B
END 000885
JPA JPT LDB MPA MWA NHM
HH009906 S J J P74
APA PQ9 QQ9 ALYY EUA
DGA U 1J4GS587XKP100828 <--- (I know this is the VIN)

Any help would be appreciated. The old girl is such a fantastic snow plow.
Its got the 360 V8 and 3 speed auto on the column and Im guessing Select Trac since it has the slide switch under the dash for engaging the 4wheel drive. I run a western plow on it with 300Lbs of weight in bags in the rear end to help offset the plow weight up front..it doesnt spin a tire all winter long. Its got the NP229 tag on the transfer case too.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer me on this info. search.

Unread 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

I can't be of much help with decoding the trim tag, but I believe all Grand Wagoneers of that era (and up until the last in 1991) were pretty much the same.
They all had the 360 v8, 727 automatic 3speed, and I believe all had the 229 T-case. They also all have D44 front and rear axles. I believe limited slip was an option, as well as a tow package which came with a hitch, and lower gearing.

Anyway, I noticed that you plow snow with your wagoneer. I was wandering if you would be willing to take and post a couple pictures of how your snowplow mounts to the front of the wagoneer? I recently acquired an older 7'western plow, and would like to mount it to my 87 grand wagoneer to use to clear my 3/4 mile driveway. The plow did not come with the "truck side" mount, so I need to fabricate something. seeing how yours is mounted would greatly help with my design.

thanks,
muddy
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sure I can snap some pics and post them here after I get back in my pole barn this weekend. My western plow was already
mounted on my Wagoneer when I bought it but it sure works nicely.
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here are the pics of my Western plow mounting.. I bought it this way so Im not sure if this mounting is home-made or factory but it seems to be holding up nicely. More pics in 2nd reply.
plow1.jpg   plow2.jpg   plow3.jpg   plow4.jpg   plow5.jpg  

plow6.jpg   plow8.jpg   plow13.jpg   plow11.jpg   plow12.jpg  

Unread 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Click1
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

few more ...light isnt too good underneath the Jeep but if you need something more clear or close up, let me know. I could drag a halogen flood light into the barn for better lighting. Hope this helps.
plow7.jpg   plow9.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

thanks, those pictures are really helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.