89 grand wagoneer question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 89 grand wagoneer question

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
redxtc

89 grand wagoneer question

When putting a 3-4" lift on the gw, do i have to do anything to the drive shaft? Would I need to lengthen it or anything? Not sure if this matters, but gonna put 33-12.5-r15's on it. It also has the 360 in it . Any help would be very greatful. Also, where is a good place to get parts? This is my bosses jeep, and his new toy. He has money to put into it, but doesnt want to go over board, so some used parts, as well as new part pricing would be great. At the moment, he really needs the driver front window motor, head liner, and new leaf springs all the way around. He just got new breaks put on yesterday, and by the end of today the new exhaust will be on. His eta for getting done is by the 1st of march. Thanks in advanced for any and all help.

Cory

redxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Kali
1982 J-Series Truck 

4" lifts do not require mods to your driveshafts. only essentials with a 4" are longer brake lines and of course longer shocks. some people like to get a drop pitman arm, too, but not everyone does. 4" kits are the most common and a ton of companies make them: bjsoffroad, rustys, bds, skyjacker, hellcreek (i think there are about 10 in total). the best steet riding kit is the skyjacker by far, but it really settles out to about 5" of lift. next best riding is anyones guess, but i hear good things about bjsoffroad and rustys.

That being said 33x12.50s will rub if the wagoneer is flexed at all on a 4" lift. You really need a 6" lift for 33x12.50s on wagos and I believe there are only 2 6" kits. BJsoffroad makes one and (I think) Rustys makes the other. Both ride pretty harsh Ive heard.

You might be able to pull off 33x10.50s on the skyjacker lift, considering its a little taller than the rest of the 4" kits.

places to find parts:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/
ebay

vendors:
www.bjsoffroad.com
www.zmjeeps.com
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
redxtc

Thanks Kalin for the reply, very helpful.
redxtc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.