'88 Grand Wagoneer - Wiring / Electrical Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > '88 Grand Wagoneer - Wiring / Electrical Issues

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
88GeeDub
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

'88 Grand Wagoneer - Wiring / Electrical Issues

I recently got my '88 GW back from a local shop and I've been noticing a bunch of little electrical issues:

*The key buzzer no longer works
*The headlight warning buzzer no longer works (i.e. it doesn't ding at me when I leave the headlights on)
*The interior lights no longer come on when either of the front doors are open (the back two still work fine)
*The interior rear window switch no longer works
*The foglight switch no longer lights up when turned on
*The light behind the AC/Heater controls no longer works

It doesn't appear to be a fuse issue, but I'm not sure. It's just strange that everything is centralized around the steering column area and they claimed to replace the ignition key switch. Any ideas?

BTW - I'd rather have a dog fart in my face than take it back to the clowns who worked on it!

88GeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Id bring it back and let them worry about it. They probably forgot to plug something in or removed the buzzer from the fuse box because it was bothering them while working and they never put it back in. Whatever the issue is it's not your problem.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

don't let those hacks at that shop touch it anymore. always have it fixed at a different better shop, and backcharge the hacks at the first shop
pleontks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.