88 Grand wagoneer gas tank skid plate removal mod? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 88 Grand wagoneer gas tank skid plate removal mod?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
ed1
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

88 Grand wagoneer gas tank skid plate removal mod?

Need some advice here.. My 88 grand wagoneer's gas tank skid plate is all rusty and ugly and I really don't want to replace it, I just don't think that it is necessary. I know that this skid plate is what holds the tank to the frame so for that reason it has to be there, so I want to know if someone has done a simple modification to remove the skid plate and just add the straps to hold the tank. Actually, I saw a grand wagoneer for sale online that had the skid plate removed and just had straps, but I want to know if this is a good solution or if it's unsafe to have the tank without the skid plate. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.