88 Grand wagoneer cargo interior trim? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 88 Grand wagoneer cargo interior trim?

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
ed1
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

88 Grand wagoneer cargo interior trim?

For some reason my Wagoneer didn't come with the rear cargo trim that attaches the tailgate and one of the side boards. Does anybody know what material or how is the carpet attached to the tailgate? does it have a board or something where the carpet attaches to or is it attached directly to the metal which I really doubt? I've been searching for wagoneers at local junk yards but no luck. I don't have any trouble getting new carpet since my upholsterer told me he could attach new carpet but I want to make it look as original as possible. I'm also open to new ideas that could help me fix this little problem. Thanks.

ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

the carpet is attached to the tailgate with evenly spaced vertical metal strips (3-5 of them?)
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
ed1
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

So basically that means that my upholsterer can install any kind of carpet similar looking to the original to the tailgate without any problem or with any special parts? Also, I know this is out of topic but does anybody know where I can get the front passenger side bumper nerf? My front bumper is missing one and I've looked everywhere and no luck. Any ideas?
ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
CherokeeOwner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
So basically that means that my upholsterer can install any kind of carpet similar looking to the original to the tailgate without any problem or with any special parts? Also, I know this is out of topic but does anybody know where I can get the front passenger side bumper nerf? My front bumper is missing one and I've looked everywhere and no luck. Any ideas?
Sniff around the classifieds here and at ifsja.com. (International Full Size Jeep Association) Try http://teamgrandwagoneer.com/.
CherokeeOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet , grand wagoneer , interior , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.