'87 GW Tailgate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > '87 GW Tailgate

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
davsfsj3xjs
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

'87 GW Tailgate

I finally got into my tailgate to see why it only goes down a few inches, and back up, and what I found is bent, twisted, rusty, and broken channel brackets, and the rods connected to the door latch were bent. Can I get the parts I need to fix this, or do I need to find another tailgate? Does this tailgate open up any further than the inside panel for better access?

davsfsj3xjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

is the part something like this? http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...p?pid=55&cid=8
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
davsfsj3xjs
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Thanks JeepOrvis, This is the one of the parts I need, as well as a new window seal. I'm sure once I get into it, I'll be replacing more. The motor seems to work great.
Thanks again,
Dave
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

BJs offroad has the most FSJ parts in one place. Rockauto has some simple parts pretty cheap too.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
davsfsj3xjs
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
BJs offroad has the most FSJ parts in one place. Rockauto has some simple parts pretty cheap too.
Thanks, I went to BJ's website and found the part you had a link to, but I didn't see any other parts for the tailgate. I'll research Rockauto now. Again, thank you for your help.
Dave

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.