85 front dana 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 85 front dana 44

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 03-21-2002, 07:53 AM   #1
rollinashortysahara

85 front dana 44

any one know how to change the hubs to some that will be able to disconnect (warn, etc...)?

rollinashortysahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
99BoggerTJ

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by rollinashortysahara:
<strong>any one know how to change the hubs to some that will be able to disconnect (warn, etc...)?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well im not positive if its the identical axle that i took apart last week, but this might help.

Ok well old grands have a metal cap which yu just pry off. Then you shoudl see the stub shaft and a c clip on the shaft or around the outside in the groove of the hub casing. Take those out, and the metal hub piece is spring loaded and should pop out. Now all you have to do is order warn its eitehr 17 or 19 spline hubs, slide in the first part, install the axle shaft c-clip, and the outer ring, and then place the hub on and install the 6 bolts.

Hope this helps, need any more info email me and ill do my best.

Goodluck
99TJ, 5 spd, 7 inch RockKrawler Severe Duty Long Arm Tri-Link, Atlas II 4.3, D44s front and rear with 4.56's, ARB's, custom cut 38.5x14.5 Swamper SX's on 15x8 AR Bajas, custom cut 35x14.5 Boggers, 35x12.5 GoodYear MT/Rs on Ultra 50's, Warn 9500HSi, Tom Woods driveshafts, Kilby gas tank skid, Hanson rocker panels, EOR full roll cage, Borla exhaust, and much more.
99BoggerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
rollinashortysahara

thanks a ton yeah it is the same and that sounds like a beast of a tj you have , i have a yj that i'm either gonna spingover with dana 44 front and rear (possibly a 9" in the rear) or will do a warn coil conversion a few years and a few thousand dollars and i'll be where i wanna thanks a ton
rollinashortysahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.