84 GW 360 exhaust question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 84 GW 360 exhaust question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
kmjbpkohler

84 GW 360 exhaust question

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this exhaust. Can u tell me if there are doughnut gaskets between the bottom of the header and the exhaust pipe. I can't find any, or they are fused to the header bottom so well that you can't see a seam there. Also, can anyone tell me what the heck that little flapper thing is on the bottom of the passenger (starboard) side header with the spring attached to it? Any information would be helpful.

Jeeps are alot like houseboats

kmjbpkohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
kmjbpkohler

Ok, got the "flapper" off, do I need to leave it on or is it ok off? Nothing is attached to it as far as a sending unit or vacuum line. By the way, I now know this ia a "heat riser damper" aka flapper
kmjbpkohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
jeepfan93
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Unless yopu building a custom exhaust, the Y pipe will not bolt back up dsue to the extra distance from removing the flapper. And there should a dougnut on the port side manifold.
jeepfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

If you don't have a functional heat riser, your motor will take longer to warm up and fuel economy will suffer. (it forces exhaust through the port in the intake to the other side and out that exhaust until the motor is warmed up) If you have a warm climate, it won't matter much.
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.