83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
mvm920

83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo questions

Hey Everyone. Im new to the forum. I figured you guys are the best to ask about older Jeeps. I have a chance to buy an 83 FSJ Cherokee Laredo. The carpets been removed. There is a hole in the passenger floorboard. Nothing in immaculate condition but not ragged out either. All power options work. Engine runs great. Been told the 4wd works fine. Recent paint job. Not sure what it could be covering. On the tailgate there is a hand crank on the outside for the rear window. Curious about that too. What do you think is a fair price, and is it worth getting? Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

mvm920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

sounds good. I don't have a (running) cherokee, but prefer the rear crank (if it isn't stripped out) instead of the power rear. If the carpets gone, you can see how much rust there is.
Which engine?
How much?

If they won't give you a price and want an offer, go with $200. You'll either get it real cheap, or piss them off and not get it
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
mvm920

Its got the 360 AMC with automatic trans. I thought the rear crank was strange since the Laredo has power windows up front and power seat. I don't mind it but cant seem to find much information about them up here. I think it would be an awesome project to do a little work to and take to the beach. Might do the rhino lining on the floors. I don't think I would be going wrong for a $1000
mvm920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

a picture would go a LONG way in determining value.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee , fsj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.