82 jeep cherokee sport wagon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 82 jeep cherokee sport wagon

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #1
hunting_mainiac

82 jeep cherokee sport wagon

hey all i just got one of these jeeps for free off my dad and looking at doing it up as an offroad beast,

im over here in australia and there are no lift options for this car over here

what lift kits are avalible over there in the 6inch to 8 inch lift range?

my plans are to put a new engine in new tranny , big tyres big lift

any pics of lifted cherokee sports of same age very welcome

thanks all

hunting_mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

Any '76ish Ford 4x4s over there? (I assume yours is the same LH drop as US ones made after '79?) I put a '76 Ford F350 dana 44 front axle in my '84. (It's wider. I'm using the brakes off the Jeep and the Ford inner axle shafts)
That bolted in place of the original for 7" of front lift (because the axle is under the springs instead of on top of them) Then I had the flat top knuckles drilled for high steer (I have high steer arms from http://ottindustries.com in Canada) and I'm using otherwise pretty much stock Jeep steering, etc.
In the rear, I have flipped the rear shackle and plan on using Riverbeast rear spring drop kit that uses the original spring, but moves everything down a few inches. (a pic of my rig in progress is under the "show'em" post)
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.