81 J10 tune up - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 81 J10 tune up

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
Linkraver
1981 J-Series Truck 

it didnt tell me that. it had a calculator. but i dont know some of the specs lol

Linkraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #32
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Are they OEM?
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #33
Linkraver
1981 J-Series Truck 

Oh how i wish i had my own machine shop lol So here is the skinny guys n gals,

1. Machine shop took 3 weeks longer then what he was supposed to but i got my engine finally. Looked freakin great!! Painted it up(will post pics tomorrow) and put it in and man does it run. Had a lil issue with trying to line the dist up due to it being in the wrong place when i started :-/ But i got it whipped lol The thing purrs like a kitten the only issue i am having now is the hesitation i get off acceleration. which brings me to number 2 lol

2. Whilst taking apart my MC2100 i found some left over snot(probably from the few backfires i had lol) and a bowl float that was way out of adjustment :-/ oh and a wrong air horn to carb gasket. But that isnt anything a new carb kit cant fix hehehe so here is the question.....When i took the old jets out it says 56f on them. i have a PDF file i found whist surfing the various jeep forums out there that explains a break down, rebuild, and tune for a mc2100. granted it says its for a 258, but it has all the specs for a 360 in it. in this file it talks about using jet #46-#47 at sea level, #48 for modified engines, and #45 for anything over 3000ft. well i live here in good old Montana and spend most my time well above 3000ft. so here is my question???

What jet size would work best for my application?? i want to save on fuel and bring this engine to live
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
Linkraver
1981 J-Series Truck 

any thoughts anyone??
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

56 will be way Rich for your altitude. You may see of someone nearby has or you can purchase a wideband 02 sensor and have an 02 bung welded into the exhaust. I use an AEM thats dash mounted in my WJ Stroker l but tuned my wagons 360 with my LM2 dual wideband data logger. My motorcrap carb was stupid Rich at 500 above sea level in Austin TX. Someone had a single action power valve in it in place of the dual stage unit, this created a.constant enrichment. I rebuilt back to stock and still had to open the altitude compensator to get the mix near 14.2 @ cruise. This and ignition upgrade got me up from 5mpg to 13hwy 11avg. Still sux but at least double digits. Without multi point injection you really cant criuse a carb at 14.7 -.15.3:1 as some cylinders will end up too lean due to crappy mixture distribution. same for tbi, so its possible with full efi and computer controlled timing to get 1-3 more mpg from injection. My motorcraft still has an off idle stumble no matter what I have tried I think it just has some crap still in the transfer slots or in the main body that an over night soak in chemtool could not even touch. I have a pile of new top end parts waiting to go on valves,springs, perf rpm air gap and Holley HP 750. Large crane cam .540 lift 302 adv duration. Going to port heads and such but want to refresh the bottom end, swap pistons, and install a mild stall.converter
===================================
00 WJ 4x4, 4.7 stroker, turbocharged,..lots more..
01 WJ 4x2 4.7v8 Limited (needs valve job)
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
super98lsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.