79 wagoneer rear axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 79 wagoneer rear axle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
sidviciousd
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 

79 wagoneer rear axle

I need to find a Dana 44 rear axle housing. How do I know what junk yard dana 44 will work on my 79 Wagoneer. This jeep has an off set diff. I have the gears for it but need the housing and axle shafts. Maybe if someone would not only give me some make and models, but also a how to. What should I measure and write down when I hit the junk yard so I can have a good match? New to wrenching so any help is welcome and appreciated.

sidviciousd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
slow5

I think some late 70's dodge vans had the offset axle housing. You might want to go over to IFSJA.org they have lot of information for full size jeeps.
slow5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
CSP

It's been my experience that fullsize Jeeps are abundant in junkyards, particularly in the ones where you pull your own parts.

I'd be looking for another Wagoneer to pull the axle from instead of something that might or might not work.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axle , dana 44 , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.