79 wagoneer d44 axle spindle nut kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 79 wagoneer d44 axle spindle nut kit?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
robert1973
1977 CJ7 

79 wagoneer d44 axle spindle nut kit?

When i convert my 79 wagoneer dana44 to warn locking hubs, do i need to order the spindle locking nut kit. I tried searching but i can't find an answer. It currently has the automatic locking hubs.

Unread 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

mine was already converted, but when I did my 93 Bronco, I just took out the automatics and put in the warns. I was amazed at how simple it was. I know it's not a jeep, but I hope it helps.
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Your Jeep doesn't have automatic locking hubs. They are always locked, there is nothing automatic about them.

All you have to do is buy the hubs and bolt them on in place of your drive flanges. Simple and easy.
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Off-Road View Post
Your Jeep doesn't have automatic locking hubs. They are always locked, there is nothing automatic about them.
x2. Those are drive slugs if they have the chrome caps on them. They lock the axleshaft to the wheelbearing hub 100% of the time.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
robert1973
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Off-Road View Post

All you have to do is buy the hubs and bolt them on in place of your drive flanges. Simple and easy.
Thanks everyone!! BJ's, i ordered my hubs from you already LOL, was reading the directions and it stated about having to order the spindle nut kit with some axles that have full time locked hubs, just wanted to make 100% sure before i try to install them. Seems like its a go ahead then

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.