79 J10 Transfer case, motor mounts broke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 79 J10 Transfer case, motor mounts broke

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
j10driver
1979 J-Series Truck 

79 J10 Transfer case, motor mounts broke

I was out playing and broke both motor mounts, which isn't the biggest problem. Unfortunantly the mounting tabs on the transfer case broke also. Is there a good solution to fix this? and is it worth putting replacement motor mounts or fabricating solid mounts? The motor is the amc 360, aluminum intake, hei distrib and headers, so there is a little bit of power. Thanks for your time....jb

j10driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
BJ's Off-Road
1979 FSJ Cherokee 

Solid mounts would vibrate you like mad and would probably break more stuff than before. Polyurethane would probably be the best way to go:

Motor Mounts:

http://bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/prod...p?pid=42&cid=3

Tranny Mount:

http://bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/prod...p?pid=56&cid=4

THanks.
Unread 10-26-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

I wrapped a strap around the tcase to keep it from moving when I ripped the mounting flange off for the mounts.
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.