78' Wagoneer Wiper Transmission... Location? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 78' Wagoneer Wiper Transmission... Location?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Joshua040403
1996 ZJ 

78' Wagoneer Wiper Transmission... Location?

Hello All JeepForum Users,

I recently purchased my first Jeep (ever) and am looking for the windshield wiper transmission. When I purchased this vehicle, the wiper motor, arms and transmission were already removed from it. I live in CO and it's begining to rain and would love to take here out for a romp in the mud, but without wipers it's just not smart. If anyone knows where I can find this part, please let me know because the manufacturer does not make/supply parts for the 78' anymore and I cannot seem to find a junkyard with my year or model.

Also, I am looking for a cheap rear window (if anyone knows where to find one) but that's the next fix. Right now I have a cut piece of plexi doing the job. Doesn't got up or down but it keeps the rain and mud out.

Thanks again to anyone that posts any helpful info.

Josh

Joshua040403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua040403 View Post
Hello All JeepForum Users,

I recently purchased my first Jeep (ever) and am looking for the windshield wiper transmission. When I purchased this vehicle, the wiper motor, arms and transmission were already removed from it. I live in CO and it's begining to rain and would love to take here out for a romp in the mud, but without wipers it's just not smart. If anyone knows where I can find this part, please let me know because the manufacturer does not make/supply parts for the 78' anymore and I cannot seem to find a junkyard with my year or model.

Also, I am looking for a cheap rear window (if anyone knows where to find one) but that's the next fix. Right now I have a cut piece of plexi doing the job. Doesn't got up or down but it keeps the rain and mud out.

Thanks again to anyone that posts any helpful info.

Josh
I don't know if it will work, but I have a '79 J10 that I'm going to scrap that I think still has it in it. I'd be willing to pull it out for you. I'm in Northern Kentucky.

EDIT: I'm referring to the wiper transmission.

[B]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f271/matilda-928184/"][B]My Former Jeep[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/build-up-jeanine-993071/"][B]My Current Jeep[/B][/URL]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]JFI Member #13[/B][/COLOR]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/dont-dishonest-seller-860174/"]Report a scam on JeepForum.[/URL][/B]
Angry_bald_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

You will get a better response by posting a thread in the Wanted Forum.

The absolute best bet is to post the Wanted thread on IFSJA:

International Full Size Jeep Association - Powered by vBulletin

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
CSP

What junkyards are you looking through?

I've never had a problem finding fullsize Jeeps in any of the pick n pull junkyards in the Denver area. Pull N Save in Aurora and Colorado Auto parts in Englewood are two that always have multiple FSJ's to pick from.

You're not going to find FSJ parts in the junkyards that you can call and ask them what their inventory is. You have to get out to the pick n pulls and they usually don't keep an inventory of parts on hand.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Joshua040403
1996 ZJ 

@ The_TwStD_1

Thanks for the offer. I'll see what kind of money I have and I'll talk to some people about that maybe working or not. I'll get back to ya
Unread 05-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Joshua040403
1996 ZJ 

@ Pavement Pounder

Thanks for the info. I will surely post there soon. I only have internet access at work and only have a few minutes here and there to post but it will happen.

Thanks again.
Unread 05-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Joshua040403
1996 ZJ 

@ CSP

I have checked the Anderson's U-Pull-It in Greeley as well as a hand full of other pick and pulls. Maybe my area is not as rampant with them. Regardless of the reason, they just do not seem to be here. I also would like to avoid driving all the way to Denver just to "look" for a part that might not be there. I am just too busy right now. I do have family out there and maybe when I go visit I can make a day of it. I'm just looking to see if anyone knew of a company making aftermarket or replacement parts for this.

Thanks for your help
Unread 05-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
CSP

Understood. Had to mention it since your location isn't very specific.

You might try 4x4 Used Parts in Fort Collins. They've been able to help me out on a few occasions with CJ parts and are aware of their inventory.

There's also a wanted section at www.colorado4x4.org with several members I know of with FSJ's.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blades , cheap , parts , transmission , wipers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.