66 Jeep pickup - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 66 Jeep pickup

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-11-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Derrick

66 Jeep pickup

I was wanting to know what was the best motor to put in my 66,Jeep pickup? I was thinking chevy350 any Idias?

Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

You might think about a Buick 350.They came stock in 65 to 71 pickups and wagoneers. They make great power and parts are easy to come by. The beautiful part is you can find a p'up or wagon and drop the whole drivetrain including motor mounts and towers.Everything is stock so if you break something you can go to Napa and order a new one. They came with a number of trans. options including the GM turbo 400 and the T98/T18 four speeds.I had a 71 wagon with the Turbo 400 and 3.33 gears and it would pull anything I hooked to it and got good gas milage to boot.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.