64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #31
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Subscribed. This is great.

04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sick build. Sub'd, love these trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #33
REDNWHITE

subscribed! Can not wait to see the finished product
REDNWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #34
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

You do great work. I'm going through similar surgery and re-doing my '79 CJ7. Again. Kevlar/glass AJ's body in the early '90's, new frame this time. Killer 410 hp 360, Ford T-18 and painless wiring+,+,+, etc.. Doing it full "right" this time, lol. This is great therapy, physical and mental,...no? You've been an inspiration to me. BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the satin black P-coating.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Beautiful work!!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #36
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome start! looks great love j trucks keep up the good work!
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #37
USAFStout88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lookin good very nice

2004 TJ 2.5 RC spring lift with discos smittybilt xrc front and rear bumpers 10k winch incab control some other goodies

[QUOTE=KHoff90;12552955]Beer, blow, hookers and bacon[/QUOTE]
USAFStout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #38
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
did you buy the 6.0 brand new or pull it from a donor truck? super happy to see a gm block being used
Thanks for your kind words.

I bought it from a local guy who buys Gen III trucks and SUV's at auction. Then he parts them out. They are all very low mileage drivetrains.

I plan to get a 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 from him for my Willys MB and Willys wagon.

I will never use any other motors again. These are absolutely the best running OEM motors I have ever seen. I started this one and OMG, it is really going to make this J Truck move with attitude. With the headers, Flow Master mufflers, K&N air filter and fairly heavily modified PCM from Howell Engine Developments. I can't wait to drive this thing.
Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #39
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
You do great work. I'm going through similar surgery and re-doing my '79 CJ7. Again. Kevlar/glass AJ's body in the early '90's, new frame this time. Killer 410 hp 360, Ford T-18 and painless wiring+,+,+, etc.. Doing it full "right" this time, lol. This is great therapy, physical and mental,...no? You've been an inspiration to me. BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the satin black P-coating.
Hi Hutch1200,

I sincerely hope that you recover well from your surgery. Take care of yourself and be careful. This was my 3rd MAJOR surgery and now I have two 12" rods with a whole handful of screws, bone from my hips all 3 times, cadaver femur bone, and on and on.

I am so screwed (no pun intended) for the rest of my life. Permanent nerve damage, partial paralysis, all kinds of relentless pain 24/7. It has changed my life forever, but I agree with you that being able to focus on a hobby is great therapy and it helps me avoid depression. You may not be in the same condition that I am and I hope not. I hate having to spend most of everyday in bed and I have to get help with almost everything I do.

Along with all the others who have responded so nicely, I appreciate your kindness.

It's almost done and I just need some help from a few friends to finish up the last few steps. I am way behind on posting my huge collection of progress photos, but I hope to get caught up soon. This cooler weather is keeping me down like an old dog on the driveway. And it's only getting colder. I am dreading this winter. I am hoping we can get a new fireplace installed soon. I am going to need it.
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I had missed the part about you having major surgery. Sorry to hear and get well soon. So, this truck is almost done? I know it's hard to post the pictures and type about each one in the correct order, so go ahead and post us a current picture, before you can't get off the driveway to post anymore.
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #41
Hobojo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking great Kevin! Hope you're feeling well enough to get her on the trail when you're finished.
Last time I saw you out was Whitney's TJ test run through hooker canyon.
I'll be honest, I was skeptical when Jarrod told me you were transplanting all the Willy's guts to the truck.....but it is going to be sweet!

Whats on the drawing board for whats left of the Willys?
Unread 10-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #42
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Rock crawling is a thing of the past for me. I can't endure it physically now. I may be able to go on easy trail rides some day.

As for the Willys wagon, I have no shortage of drivetrains around. I have another KingPin HP Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear or 60 rear or 14 bolt, TH400 or 4L60e or TH350 transmission, NP241 or NP205 or Dana 20 t-case. And when the time comes I will pick up another 6.0. It could be put back together in just a few weeks to get it back where it was before.

So, no worries there.

Cuder, I will get a photo posted pretty soon.
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #43
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

my brother ran a 03 5.3L halfton ext. cab as a pulling truck for 4 yrs. he went through 3 trannys til he bought a hp shift kit and built it right, but with a little bit of efi live tuning that thing went toe to toe with everything from carbed to efi, 5.7L to 8.1L worked. i will never have a bad thing to say about the 5.3L chevy

cant wait to see her done
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #44
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I agree. They are so nice.

I would prefer the 4L80e trans, but we'll see how this very highly modified 4L60e trans works out. I had it redone at Capitol City Transmission, because Bowman's Transmission (the place I took it to the first time) did a horrible job and charged me for things that he didn't even do. Not only that, the inside of the pan was filled with about a 1/4" of dirt and sand particals. Stuff that kept clogging up the valve body. Glen at Capitol City couldn't believe it was recently rebuilt. But I should be back in business now.

If I do have any problems again with it, I will change it out for the 4L80e. I do miss my TH400's. I never once had a problem with them. They have to be the toughest trans ever built.
Unread 10-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #45
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

very nice find, must be nice to be able to paint por-15 on right-side-up...i had to do it underneath with my back against a skateboard
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.