64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #361
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

It is welded very heavy and it's boxed. I couldn't break it off with a sledge hammer. So a shock sure isn't going to break it.

MB

Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #362
1978jeep258
1978 CJ7 

Looks plenty strong to me.
1978jeep258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #363
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have an interesting proposal for you. My soul for your Gladiator.
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #364
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Hmmmm.... Tempting..

But, your soul is infinitely more valuable than anything I have. You should hang on to that. Besides, I have enough trouble trying to keep my hands off my own soul since I gave it to a King.

;-)

MB
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:54 AM   #365
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I initiated the 2nd stage of trimming my front and rear fender flares for added clearance. Personally, I like the FSJ flares, so it is very important to me to trim them in such a way that I still maintain the OEM look. Most people will not even notice that they've been modified when I am done.

The front trim work has added 4-5" of clearance.

I am experimenting with adding a small "flat fender style step. If I like the look, I will attach them to the 3/16" plate rocker guards; not currently built.

MB
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #366
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

The hood support rods, hood latch and grille are all painted and installed. I really want to paint the aluminum radiator black for a better look. But I need to research whether or not it will hinder cooling.

I also got the drivers door on. Now it just needs to be adjusted.

MB
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #367
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

truck looks great! Your almost done too, it seems like you are just down to the nitty gritty stuff. Keep up the good work.
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #368
Rosental1
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Man that's a rocking gladiator!
Rosental1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #369
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

My wife found a really cool antique handle that I am going to use for my transfer case shifter. It is the perfect shape for my custom setup.

It says Majestic Ranges. Apparently, from an old oven/stove like my great grandmother had.

MB
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #370
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

yea it's a shaker crank for a old coal/wood stove. should look good!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #371
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I did some research and found new universal door glass run channel. This will allow me to eliminate the noisy vent window and convert my doors to one piece glass. I am excited that I found the correct channel, so I can continue my endeavor to achieve a completely air tight and quiet interior.

The next step that's required to make all this work is to modify the upper door frames slightly. My plan is to use the extra FSJ doors that I have and combine the upper channel sections. I will take photos of how all this will be done.

MB
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #372
super98lsc
Web Wheeler
1999 WJ 

Very interested, while I love the vent look ugh the noise even w new seals
===================================
00 WJ 4x4, 4.7 stroker, turbocharged,..lots more..
01 WJ 4x2 4.7v8 Limited (needs valve job)
90 Grand Wagoneer 401 Edelbrock Heads, Lunati .510/.527 FT Cam, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, Holley HP 750, Thorley Headers, HEI, Electric Fan w Digital controller,4" lift 31x10.50 Goodyear Duratrac's on Pro-Comp Wheels,new interior, seats,seals,Alpine and JL full system, Remote HEI, Clifford 2 way with remote start,windows,tailgate.
96 Cherokee Country 4dr/2x2 White/Tan 3" Lift Sahara 18" Wheels 32.5"'s 99up head and intake- for sale soon!
super98lsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #373
hasan1988

Loveddddddddddd your project =) you have done extraordinary .... cant wait to see the final outcome .. Good Luck
hasan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #374
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any updates?

I've been searching for Gladiators and Cherokee Chiefs online and have decided I should probably live vicariously through someone else instead, ha ha.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #375
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't posted any updates for such a long time. I decided to eliminate all the medications I have had to take since my last spinal reconstruction surgery. It's always a difficult stage to get through. But I am happy to say that I have succeeded! I chose to quit all meds cold turkey at home and as expected it was brutal beyond belief. Each time I have to undergo these surgeries I am forced to manage insane pain levels with very strong meds. And each time, I hate taking them, so I stop as soon as possible. I wouldn't wish that horrific hell on anyone. It has got to be worse than dying. It takes "true grit" to make it through such heinous torchure.

SO, now I am doing very well and I am super glad to be back. I feel like a normal human again. No more pain meds!

I will post updates as soon as I can. I hope you will stay close as there are lots more details to share on this build.

A very sincere "thank you" to all of you who have posted notes of encouragement and all the prayers throughout the past 3 years. It has meant more than you know. Even though most of us have never met, I feel like we've become great friends.
I also apologize for the constant complaining about how terrible it was. I guess it helped to express it somehow. Thanks for not hammering me for that.

Stay tuned...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.