64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #316
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Seriously....this thread is such a constant source of inspiration. I cannot *wait* to see that truck finished.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #317
danturner266
1983 CJ7 

I am so lovin the whole J-truck. I have ants in my pants to see this mother through. Wish I could help getter done!
danturner266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #318
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Well, I continue to struggle with pain at levels that would put most men in the hospital on a morphine drip. Completely uncontrollable and ruthless.

But what my pain doesn't know is that I never give up. I may have to endure its fire and vengeance, but I have been through much worse and seen things that have only made me stronger.

I know this too will pass and I will find a way to overcome it. I haven't been through hell and back for nothing.

My Jeep Gladiator Tribute Build in honor of all our armed forces who continue to protect us day and night is closer than ever to being completed. I made a minor change to the wiring to bring it up to the level that meets my standards and the highest quality that it deserves.

I originally put together a custom harness that includes the steering column and the front and rear lights, starter, courtesy light system and a few others. But I wasn't happy with it, even though it was made with all GM wires and color codes. So I bought a Haywire Pro-T wiring kit. This is a sweet kit with everything I need. It comes with high temp GXL, moisture & chemical resistant wire that's labeled every 6". It comes with a simple fuse panel, but I am sticking with my CenTech PDP-1B fuse panel, because it has everything I need for this fairly complex electrical system that I've designed. I'll save the Haywire fuse panel for another day, like maybe my 46 Willys flat fender that's been on the back burner for quite a while.

Anyway, the new harness is now in place and it worked out perfectly.
Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #319
JimmyFW1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
Well, I continue to struggle with pain at levels that would put most men in the hospital on a morphine drip. Completely uncontrollable and ruthless.

But what my pain doesn't know is that I never give up. I may have to endure its fire and vengeance, but I have been through much worse and seen things that have only made me stronger.

I know this too will pass and I will find a way to overcome it. I haven't been through hell and back for nothing...
Glad to hear you're still on this side of the dirt. I share your updates with my wife, if you recall she had some extensive surgery similar to yours, and she is glad to see you're still fighting. You're an inspiration to her in kindred spinal spirit, and an inspiration to all Jeepers that cross this thread.

THANKS
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #320
1978jeep258
1978 CJ7 

Give us an update, Midnight.
1978jeep258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #321
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I am happy to report that the Gladiator is very very close to being finished. It has been a slow process and sometimes weeks can go by with little or no progress. But I still enjoy this journey.

It's true that I will always fight pain that seeks to rule and ruin. But, as I have said many times, I will never give up.

At this point, my custom center console is nearing completion. I will post progress photos soon.

Hope all is well with everyone.

MB
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #322
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wonderful! Looking forward to the update.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #323
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

Keep on going. Your spirit and determination is an inspiration to many here.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #324
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I could not dream a better truck up. Very awesome!
So for right around $30k you have built a truck better than new, and better than any dealer could ever offer?

I have always wondered what a real world cost to build a vehicle like this.
I can guess a very rich man could have one built by a custom shop and be well over $100k and I would also bet it would not have as much attention to detail as this truck has.

VERY VERY COOL TRUCK!

Also I hope you get well and enjoy this truck as much as you can.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #325
localfiend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey midnight,

Nice truck. I've been stealing info on you build for my own rig.

Curious how you're liking the Vintage Air AC setup, or if you've even got it all hooked up.

I've got a 1966 that's badly in need of AC, and I really like the way the unit you picked fits up underneath the dash. I'm curious is you welded in a plate to cover up the current intake hole, or if the unit covers up everything.
localfiend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #326
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I have not used the Vintage Air System yet. However, I know from experiencing this unit in similar rigs that it really does the job far better than any original unit. It will last too, because it's made very well. It covers the original firewall hole perfectly. But I will put a permanent plate in place of all the OEM heater returns eventually. I made the decision to make the change a bit late. But never too late.

MB
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #327
localfiend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
I have not used the Vintage Air System yet. However, I know from experiencing this unit in similar rigs that it really does the job far better than any original unit. It will last too, because it's made very well. It covers the original firewall hole perfectly. But I will put a permanent plate in place of all the OEM heater returns eventually. I made the decision to make the change a bit late. But never too late.

MB
Thanks for the reply. A bit after I posted this I realized that the unit didn't need air from the outside. I welded a plate into the hole, and have ordered the evap unit. I really hope it does a good job, these things aint cheap.
localfiend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #328
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfiend

Thanks for the reply. A bit after I posted this I realized that the unit didn't need air from the outside. I welded a plate into the hole, and have ordered the evap unit. I really hope it does a good job, these things aint cheap.
Both of you let us know how it works out, I may go this route too!
1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited 4.5" LA/33"s
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
2003 Ram 1500 w/built 12v cummins
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins tow rig
jeepin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #329
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I have been in hellacious pain for a very long time and unable to break the chains. But at last, this weekend we finally had some warm enough weather in combination with a somewhat lower pain level. And this was just enough of a window to allow me to get up and outside.

It felt so awesome to get back in the shop and get things rolling again. My friend came over to help and to make sure that I didn't fall and get injured. But everything went ok.

We got the new sliding rear window and rubber installed. Looks great!

I also got the final mods done to the center console wiring access port design. This was a very challenging task. I studied it for many months until I finally got it.

The carpet, seats and battery boxes were removed as well. Then everything was vacuumed thoroughly underneath. Then everything was reinstalled for the final time. It was a great feeling to get these things finally completed.

It won't be long now. My goal is to drive it along the 4th of July Parade here in our home town. It will be so fun!

MB
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #330
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Glad for a update midnight!! I am so glad to see this thing coming to a completion your enthusiasm and attention to detail is so inspiring. I hope you feel better and can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.