64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #301
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

It's Marine Forest Green - 24052 Semi-Gloss single stage paint. I buy it from Surplus City Jeep Parts. But it's available from many other places. It's very tough paint that is impervious to most chemicals once it's cured. And the nice thing about this paint is that it doesn't require a catalyst. Just mix it to the consistency desired with either Acetone or standard Reducer. Joe and I quickly discovered that Acetone causes it to dry way too fast. So we used either slow or medium reducer and it flows out beautifully. I buy it in gallons, but it also comes in spray cans.

Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #302
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

A friend of mine dropped by and gave me a set of hard to find Jeep Truck emblems. They will look great on my Gladiator.

He also left a cool horn button that is different than most.

Unread 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #303
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
A friend of mine dropped by and gave me a set of hard to find Jeep Truck emblems. They will look great on my Gladiator.

He also left a cool horn button that is different than most.

Nice friend
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #304
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

That is true.
Lots of people know that I am a collector of Willys Overland and Jeep memorabilia like emblems, badges, etc... including all types of shop signage new or old that have anything to do with oil, gas, tools, pinups, calendars, books, service manuals and all sorts of vintage civilian and military automotive history.

And since I can't travel or go out four wheeling and exploring like I used to since I was just a boy, my family, friends and even people I have never met, bring and even send me stuff all the time.

And the dozens of phone calls, text messages, emails and PM's that I receive every month from wonderful people all over the world are included in this list. They ask for advise and/or information about how to identify and fix problems, where to find parts or just get recommendations on how to build up their rigs. Many times they just want to talk shop or simply wish me well. And I enjoy every single call.

Anyway, they send me the things listed above as a way to say thanks. It's a wonderful part of my life that I look forward to everyday.

So, amidst all the darkness and pain, a little light.

Maybe I'll try to sleep again now.
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #305
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My truck has that horn button and I need to find those emblems haha

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"-Theo Jansen
Viper723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #306
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I got the carpet glued to the 1/2" wood panels that I made a while back. They mount to the back wall of the cab behind the seats. Before the carpet was glued down, the panels were sealed on all edges with 2 coats of paint. Panels like this are a great way to create attachment points for the center console, both "Fat 50" battery boxes and a number of other items. The wood trim piece at the top will be covered with a piece of painted sheet metal or strip of carpet. I prefer an accent piece of sheet metal. I will decide later.

Unread 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #307
Jeeper4life88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build! jeep looks cool

2004 Jeep Liberty- BFG A/T's and some skid's and tow hooks, otherwise pretty much stock.
Jeeper4life88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #308
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been absent for several months but I am still in awe of this very cool project. It is, without a doubt the nicest Gladiator I have ever seen and I'm old enough (65) to have seen a lot of them. I also owned a new one in '75, as well as other Jeeps, and yours mesmerizes me like none I have ever seen.

Also, cool video of the shake down run.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #309
Dave145
1976 FSJ Cherokee 

That is one killer truck congratulations on getting it running. I have to go find my lower jaw now...I just finished reading this thread and I think my jaw fell off somewhere around page 12ish... Haha that truck is awesome I hope to do some mods similar to that on my cherokee
Dave145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #310
Rosental1
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

One of the most impressive resto mods I have seen.

Out of curiosity what does the part dollar figure looks like?
Rosental1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #311
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

any updates?
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #312
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Sorry guys, but I haven't been able to add any updates for so long. I have been totally bed-ridden with absolutely brutal, out of control pain. It is normal for me to have days, weeks or even months where I am unable to walk or get around because my legs just don't work and the pain goes off the charts.

Things are extremely bad and I can only hope that it gets better soon. When it's like this, I just have to wait it out.

Thanks for all your kindness.

MB
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #313
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
Sorry guys, but I haven't been able to add any updates for so long. I have been totally bed-ridden with absolutely brutal, out of control pain. It is normal for me to have days, weeks or even months where I am unable to walk or get around because my legs just don't work and the pain goes off the charts.

Things are still extremely bad and I can only hope that it gets better soon. Although, I am never without pain, but when it's like this, I just have to wait it out.

Thanks for all your kindness.

MB
Get better soon midnight!! I can't imagine your pain I'm a total cry baby when I have a sore back.
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #314
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I have been completely bed-ridden and unable to walk or do much of anything for the past month due to a massive increase in pain and serious episodes of paralysis. Sometimes I wonder if it's the last time that I will ever walk, but I refuse to give up. Even though I face seemingly insurmountable odds, I choose to focus on life's endless blessings and amazing possibilities. I never stop thinking on good things.

Speaking of positive things... I have some cool news about my Willys wagon. I let a friend of mine come over and use my heated shop, my design/guidance and use of my tube bender and other tools to build his custom 6-point roll cage for his Jeep CJ-7. In exchange for that, he gave me a really cool double stacked tube Jeep CJ-7 frame made from 1 7/8" OD x .120" wall tubing. It is a professionally built frame from M-Cor Inc., a company that is no longer in business. But they built very high quality frames. They were very expensive too. Especially, with the optional shackle reversal kit.

This frame will require some modifications to make it fit my wagon, but they are all simple mods. The engine cage I built for my wagon before will be welded back in place on this new frame. Plus, I hope to go ahead with a very cool 8-point roll cage inside my wagon as well. I have not yet decided if my suspension will be coils, coilovers, or air shocks. But either way, it will have a 4-link setup front and rear.

Here are some photos of it. Not great photos, but I was not able to stand for more than just a few minutes.

More to come later on. My J-truck will be finished first.
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #315
danturner266
1983 CJ7 

Seriously dude I wish we lived closer. I would so love to tap into your skills and knowledge and in return I would help turn your wrenches and such. You have some mad skills that I need.... Roll cage, etc...
danturner266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.