64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #286
chriswj

Ok makes sence

Unread 12-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #287
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Thanks guys. I sure wanted to take it around the block a time or two, but yesterday I took a major tumble and got twisted up pretty good. In one swift acrobatic flight down the hall, I twisted up my foot and ankle. Then hyperextended my hip, shoulder and elbow as I landed like a bag of rabbits into the dining room table, wall and floor. It's a pleasure.

So, today I have been in even more pain than usual. Good thing today was Christmas.

Oh well, what's new... I fall all the time.

I do have some more photos to show you though. Other than my wiper motor, my engine bay is all done as far as wiring goes. It looks incomplete, but it turned out exactly like I had envisioned. There will be a few more components mounted, but their wires are already in place and ready to plug in. There will also be some more paint work done too.

MB
Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #288
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn
Thanks guys. I sure wanted to take it around the block a time or two, but yesterday I took a major tumble and got twisted up pretty good. In one swift acrobatic flight down the hall, I twisted up my foot and ankle. Then hyperextended my hip, shoulder and elbow as I landed like a bag of rabbits into the dining room table, wall and floor. It's a pleasure.

So, today I have been in even more pain than usual. Good thing today was Christmas.

Oh well, what's new... I fall all the time.

I do have some more photos to show you though. Other than my wiper motor, my engine bay is all done as far as wiring goes. It looks incomplete, but it turned out exactly like I had envisioned. There will be a few more components mounted, but their wires are already in place and ready to plug in. There will also be some more paint work done too.

MB
Sorry to hear about the fall, hope you recover quickly.
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #289
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Joe came by this morning and finished the dash! It is all painted and it looks fantastic. While he was at it, he painted my new Warn PowerPlant winch.

But first, I opened the door and was greeted with a bit-o-snow and my Jeep TJ just begging to spin some brodies in the street.

I had the shop all heated up and the coffee was hot, so Joe got right to to work.

Lots more photos coming later. Just enough here to show the quality job that Joe did.
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #290
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

so, what kind of camera do you have?
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #291
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Most photos are taken with my iPhone.
But once a build is done and outside, I use a Nikon D90.
I plan to use my GoPro Hero2 for trail videos.
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #292
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Unread 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #293
leetudor
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

I bet that put a smile on your face!
leetudor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #294
STi954
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Coolest truck I've ever seen! Been following your progress for awhile now and I must say very motivating! Keep up the good work glad to see it running!
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club #954[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]K.C.C.O.[/COLOR]
STi954 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #295
danturner266
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
Well, today was the very first test drive!!! It was so amazing!!!

Joe and Trav came over this afternoon to help get it ready for its maiden voyage. Thanks so much guys. I just took it down to the corner and back a few times to check out the brakes, steering, transmission shifting and just a small amount of the available power. It is very smooth and the brakes are incredible as expected. I couldn't be happier! Trav recorded it with his cell phone. Not the best sound, but it still sounds awesome!!!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...1B1F6F70B5.mp4
I am so jealous, that mother is completely bad a$$. I'm glad you got to run it, even if it was just up and down the street, you'll be hittin' the trails soon dude!
danturner266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #296
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

It is always exciting to get to this stage in a custom design/build. No matter how many of these I have done, I always love the transition that takes place once it becomes a running and driving unit rather than a collection of parts.

And there is always a list of items to fine tune before it's truly ready for the road. But they're all simple to deal with.

The steering column, brake pedal and bracket are now out of the cab being prepped for paint. The seats are also out. While everything is out of the way, the rear window will be installed and the rest of the cab wiring can be connected, loomed and routed. The heat/AC hoses can also be connected to the main unit and routed to the vent locations. This makes it much easier once the dash goes in.

After that, the custom center console will be built and installed. Then the stereo amp and power inverter will be mounted under the seats. The dual batteries will go inside the Fat50 ammo cans and be mounted behind the seats. The main battery switches will be installed in the back section of the center console. The speakers will also go in.

Once these items are installed, they will be tested. If all is well, the seats, dash, brake pedal and steering column will go in for the final time.

Then it's time for the weatherstripping and doors to go on.

It sounds like a lot, but really, it's all simple stuff that can be done on a Saturday. It may take me longer depending on my pain level, which always rules.

I will take pictures as I go.

Happy Trails!
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #297
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow..... Just.... wow.

Sexiest Gladiator I have ever seen.

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #298
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Beautiful truck , and nice clean work .
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #299
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

My winch is all painted and back together. I really like how it turned out. I ordered new stickers for it. It will look great mounted to a custom black front bumper.

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #300
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like it. What type of paint are you using?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.