64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #271
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Joe will paint the dash the body color. Then all other components that go in and on it will be black. It should look real sharp.

The original speaker was still in this one along with the original Jeep radio. But the speaker sounded like finger nails on a chalkboard.

Still a cool novelty for my souvenirs.

Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #272
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When you are done I would like to see and hear a video of the inside and outside. I wonder why Naekid wouldn't move your thread.
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #273
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Not sure, but I submitted the request like he asked me to. But I'm not sure how long it usually takes. They may be super busy.

Once it's done, I will be putting together a complete video with music that I wrote and recorded in my home studio. And my nephew has all the video recording and editing equipment with many years of experience. Together, we will put together a cool video.

I can't wait!

Today, my friend who owns his own automotive glass company, put the new windshield and rubber in. It looks great!

It's getting very close!!!!
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #274
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Well, other than some minor paint and body work items to finish up, Joe is pretty much done. And this weekend was quite exciting too. Yesterday I did a few simple things like filling the differentials, transmission and t-case. I installed a new high clearance front output t-case yoke from JB Conversions. The new stainless fuel tank is all rinsed out, hooked up and ready for fuel.

Today, 6 friends showed up and did quite a bit of moving things around. Pete and Joseph brought a trailer over to pick up my Willys frame and a nice TH350 transmission for Joseph's new Willys Wagon project. After that they helped the other guys move my Willys Wagon body around and put it up on a set of large steel saw horses. Now, I am ready for the custom tube frame that will be going under it when it goes back together. Lots of other stuff was done by the crew today too. They even helped take the soft top off my Jeep TJ Wrangler and put on my hard top. I decided to run the hard top this winter, because it's quieter, warmer and it has a rear wiper, washer and defroster. Plus, it's a nice change. It looks great. Haven't run the hard top since the lift was done many years ago. It's time to clean and treat the soft top vinyl, zippers and windows.

Thanks to all of you for the hard work.

After everybody left, I snapped some pics of my truck with the hood on.

Unread 12-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #275
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Just read through your whole thread, wow, tough gig you have sir! Glad to see some strength and courage, it really must be tough. I wonder do you wake up sometimes and for a split second say to yourself "right, up and into it!" Then realise what you have going on.

I hang on the CJ forum mostly, into CJ8s but i come sniffing to this forum often. I've had two full sized Cherokees and see myself going back there one day. I plan to give one of the 8s this green paint job, kinda fortuitous that I found your build thread, it's exactly the paint I'm thinking.

Keep up the great work sir. Truly inspiring.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #276
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

looks awesome. all in the details.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #277
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Joe came by today and finished all the body work on the dash. It's all primed, guide coated and ready for final sanding and paint. It turned out beautifully!

Unread 12-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #278
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

More pics with the components in place just to get a better idea of how everything looks:

Unread 12-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #279
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Joe dropped by today to do the final sanding and glaze spot filler on the dash. It's a beaut Clark!

The tray is also sprayed with Lizard Skin SC. Now it's ready to paint; even over the SC.

I plan to drill a hole with a grommet for my iPod cable to pass through to my stereo. It will be locked under the lid since there is no need to access it. All the controls transfer to the stereo, which also charges the iPod. I changed my mind for my iPhone though. It will have a custom place on the center console for easier access. It will have it's own charging port, so the cord won't be hanging all the way up to the dash.

The radiator, hoses, electric fan, AC condenser, heater hoses, hydroboost hoses, AGR Rock Ram and hoses, power steering hoses with inline cooler and temp sender are all installed and ready to go now too. The transmission cooler with 8" electric fan are mounted under the pickup bed above the driveline. The hoses and trans temp sender are also installed.

Unread 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #280
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

It's running!!!
Here is a quick video:

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...4E2A678043.mp4

It's very important to make sure it runs well before wrapping up all the wiring. And then I will take it for a quick test drive to make sure the transmission shifts correctly and that the brakes work right. Before driving it, it's vital to check the torque specs on every nut and bolt. Don't just look at something, actually put wrenches on everything. And while it's running check for leaks everywhere. It's all simple stuff, but important. It's surprising how many things you find.
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #281
chriswj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
I'll check.

I ran across this Grand Cherokee. Now this is my style. Toughness and comfort all wrapped up in one beautiful package.

I know this wj it was a coworkers of mighn he is a great fabricater he's from Doneagal,Pa he sold it though because of the ugly "D" word yes divorce. It has a supercharged 4.7 liter makin about 400 horse dana 60 front and rear. He buit origanlly to showcase a fab shop he was working on opening up i drove this jeep and let me tell ya it was fun but some kid bought it and wrecked about 4 months later which sucks but oh well
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #282
chriswj

Sounds good dude. But i here that distinctive tap or ping that i here on ls based motors my truck my dads truck the brothers truck they all made that sound never could figure what it was but it wasnt detramental though
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #283
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Thanks friends.

I used to own a 2500HD with a 6.0L and it had "the sound" real bad, but it never caused any problems like you said. I took it back to the GM dealership two times and they said it's normal for these engines. I hated it though. I have heard it on other LS GenIII motors too.

But this motor doesn't have it so far. I thought it did at first when I played back the video, but then realized my phone is just picking up the header sound in the engine bay. In person ya can't hear it though. I keep waiting for it to start up. Maybe it will once I drive it. Hope not.

I sure love the way Howell modified the ECU tuning on this one. Man, without even being warmed up, it really has amazing throttle response. Scary power this thing is gonna have. Whew.

I should be able to take it for it's maiden voyage test drive tomorrow or Christmas Day.
Unread 12-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #284
chriswj

Man that is a really clean build not all flashy and goddy. Did you put that rake in the sespension yourself or is it just tired springs in the front
Unread 12-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #285
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

The springs are all brand new and the rake is not much really. It's just under 1 degree.

With a full tank of gas, a tailgate, rear bumper and other miscellaneous items, it should settle down and be perfectly level. If it ever settles too far, I can put spacers between the perches and springs to level it out.

MB

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.