64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #256
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Last weekend Joe got quite a lot done on the dash. It is close to being ready for paint. He should be able to finish it next weekend.

I also decided to make better use of the hole where the original AM radio speaker was located in the top of the dash. It now has a sweet compartment welded in it's place.

It is 11" long and 1.5" deep. Perfect for holding my iPod, iPhone, etc. It will be fully insulated and will have a hinged lid that locks. Much better use of space.

Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #257
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I took one of my CV drivelines (from my stash) in to Six States to have it lengthened to 51.25" for the rear of my Gladiator. This meant that it would have to be completely re-tubed, which costs much less than having a new one made as long as all the main components are in good shape. And the one I gave them was in excellent condition.

When they called and told me it was done, I was expecting to pay $125. But when I arrived, he immediately carried it out and put it in the back of my TJ. And before I even got out, he told me there was no charge at all. I asked why and he said it was because I was doing this project in honor of our military men and women and that they felt very strongly about being a part of it. I was shocked! I shook his hand and promised to bring it by for all of them to see when it is done. How amazing!

They did an outstanding job on it too. Clearly, they put extra pride into this one.

Thanks so much guys!

Unread 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #258
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the update Midnightburn! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and as always i look forward to more updates heath permitting.

Sent by my imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #259
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome that they didn't charge you. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #260
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Damn this thing is beautiful. Excellent work by you and your friends!
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #261
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You should PM this admin and get him to move your thread to the "Jeep Builds" forum.
http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/NaeKid
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #262
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Done. Thanks. We'll see if it works.
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #263
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Still one of my favorite builds on here.

Kind of anxious but also excited that we haven't seen any non-detail shots in a while. Can't wait to see some assembled pictures.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #264
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Midnight this truck is really coming together. I have been watching this thing ever since you started with the wagon on pirate. Your work is impressive and so is your attitude! I love that through all of your back pain you have been positive and up beat. You truly are an inspiration to all of use.
The fact that you are building this jeep as a tribute to our Men and Women who serve our Country is humbling to me. My Stepdad is in the Army and my Grandfather served in the Navy I'm proud to be a part of this military family and pray for them and their safe return. Thank You for building this Jeep in Honor of them and who they stand for.
We need more Men like you in this Country!! Thanks once again for your inspiration.
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #265
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I truly appreciate your kind words. I am like you; I am honored to be a member of a very strong military family. I am also sincerely proud to be an American.

And though my trials and tribulations seem endlessly bent on my destruction, I will not fall. I will stand and always remember that there are countless others who are facing much more difficult trials and tribulations than I ever have. There are brave men and women who willingly jump into the frey laying down their lives for the rest of us.

Therefore, we have no excuse and no right to throw away such a precious gift as freedom. We have a responsibility to use whatever gifts we have been given to help those around us. To honor those who made this country what it is today. But we must look beyond ourselves to see it.

It would be so easy for me to give up and let my endless pain and suffering rule over me and rob me of the gifts and blessings of God and this life. But I will not!! I will not waste it.

MB
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #266
DarkMonohue
1985 J-Series Truck 

MB, I just wanted to throw some more support and encouragement your way. I am hoping to get into a J10 or J20 sometime soon, and it will never be anywhere near as involved as your build, but it is pretty inspiring to watch this come together.
DarkMonohue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #267
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
Still one of my favorite builds on here.

Kind of anxious but also excited that we haven't seen any non-detail shots in a while. Can't wait to see some assembled pictures.

Thanks friend. I sure am getting excited to drive this beauty. I am getting impatient, because I can only do tiny bits at a time. I want to drive it before Christmas!!!
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #268
3bobbyb
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hope that you get to meet that deadline sir. You truly have an inspiration to read what you have done on this project. Thank you.
3bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #269
billy_YJ
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightburn View Post
last weekend joe got quite a lot done on the dash. It is close to being ready for paint. He should be able to finish it next weekend.

I also decided to make better use of the hole where the original am radio speaker was located in the top of the dash. It now has a sweet compartment welded in it's place.

it is 11" long and 1.5" deep. Perfect for holding my ipod, iphone, etc. It will be fully insulated and will have a hinged lid that locks. Much better use of space.

awesome idea!
'94 Wrangler YJ [B][I][COLOR="Navy"]"Blue"[/COLOR][/I][/B]
billy_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #270
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I've looked in every FSJ I can for that front dash speaker. I've NEVER seen one. Usually just a big hole. Sweet idea, but am wondering if you're gonna cover the dash or just paint it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.