64 Gladiator Tribute Build - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 64 Gladiator Tribute Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #241
teamgreen666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

where can I find some of this 1/8" round hole perforated stainless metal ? Would like some for my grill inserts.

teamgreen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #242
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I am not sure what local resources are available where you live, but there are many sites on the Internet. I can walk in and buy it from no less than 5 different businesses here in Boise.
Midnightburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #243
cochise12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn
I am not sure what local resources are available where you live, but there are many sites on the Internet. I can walk in and buy it from no less than 5 different businesses here in Boise.
I've been following your build for a few weeks now...and had no idea you were in the treasure valley! It's been great seeing your project take shape..I can't wait to see how it looks finished...hopefully on the road near Caldwell!
cochise12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #244
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Wireless door jamb contacts are now installed in both door frames. They are 4 pin contacts and will control my dome/courtesy/ground lights, electric steps, power windows, and power door locks.

Unread 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #245
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

I have to give a big thank you to Joe, Jarrod, Jason, Brian, Scott, Steve, Trav, Dad, Jim, KT, Matt, Cade, and many more who help and support me in so many ways. And most of all my wonderful wife for all she does to help keep my life moving forward in positive ways. Without all of you none of my days would be worth living. You help me keep focused on things other than my overwhelming pain and inability to do what I used to do. At least I can still dream and keep a healthy mindset and spirit. I would go crazy if I had nothing to look forward to.

I know that I will never be able to use this Jeep or the equipment I have collected over the past 10 years and put into it. But that's ok. It helps me keep my creative side alive. That's about all I have now. And without that, I would be a very unhappy person. Everyday is a battle and most days are so dark. It takes all my strength to continue on.

Thanks guys. And happy 6th anniversary Sweetheart.
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #246
1jeep
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightburn View Post
I have to give a big thank you to Joe, Trav, Dad, and my wonderful wife for all they do to help keep my life moving forward in positive ways. Without them none of my days would be worth living. They help me keep focused on things other than my overwhelming pain and inability to do what I used to do. At least I can still dream and keep a healthy mindset and spirit. I would go crazy if I had nothing to look forward to.

I know that I will never be able to use this Jeep or the equipment I have collected over the past 10 years and put into it. But that's ok. It helps me keep my creative side alive. That's about all I have now. And without them, I would be a very unhappy person. Everyday is a battle and most days are so dark. It takes all my strength to continue on.

Thanks guys. And happy 6th anniversary Sweetheart.
You know, thank you for posting this. It's funny, I was just thinking about some of your ealier posts about your issues and was wondering about how you would use it. But I didn't want to ask. I didn't want to bring up any dark feelings. But with this post, you have shown me (for that's worth) that you still have a level head. It's hard to realize what are limitations are, it's even harder for us to come to terms with them. Most people in this world are not strong enough mentally to be able to handle them. I have a lot of respect people like you. Stay strong, never lose hope, and never give up.

Bryan
1jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #247
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Thanks friend. I appreciate your honest support. Since my original post, I thought about how many more friends have helped me with so much. Even driving me to my Dr appts when I couldn't handle the pain. And all the late night phone calls supporting me and just listening/being there when the darkness falls.

It's a strange thing to go from being a GIS Department Manager/Project Manager/Marketer and being in charge of multi-million dollar projects and many wonderful people, and flying all over the country to being forced to stay in bed and spending all day alone writhing in massive pain in silence.

But nothing can keep me down.
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #248
xxviper500xx

Great j10!
xxviper500xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #249
xxviper500xx

My bad.. Gladiator
xxviper500xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #250
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Actually, you are right. it's a little of both...
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #251
jepstr67
Since 1963

1967 C101 

OK, normally I get a little bucky when I see a vintage Gladiator with any departure from the Tornado 230 and a totally stock rebuild, but man, oh, man! You have taken the phrase "Go big or go home" to a whole new level. Your skill set is amazingly impressive. I sure hope I get to see your rig in person sometime. You have a very impressive rebuilt modern Gladiator. Wow.
jepstr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #252
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

always wanted to use that face

so, any progress?
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #253
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

Not much. I have been down and out with extreme pain most of the time. I did hire a friend to do some fall cleaning/organizing/winterizing. He used my compressor to blow out our sprinkler system.

But I have been drawing out the final details of my custom wiring schematics and writing some new chapters of my book, while in bed. So, at least I have been doing whatever I can to stay positive

Joe has been busy, so he's not quite ready to finish the paint work. But soon...
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #254
redjeep1992
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates?? Also I would like to say that this is an awesome build and your attention to detail on this thing is what going to make it an offroad MACHINE!!!!
redjeep1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #255
Midnightburn
1964 FSJ Gladiator 

My custom wiring harness is going well. Although it is moving slowly, it's something that I can do while laying in bed, once the initial lengths, unions and T's are defined.

I am taking great care to ensure that a very clean electrical system is accomplished. One primary goal I have is to make it hidden where possible. There is nothing I hate more than sloppy wiring. To me, it ruins the look of an engine bay and interior to see wires running all over.

All wire colors and gauges being used are to code with high quality automotive and marine grade connectors. Both soldering and high grade combo crimp/heat shrink connectors are being used as appropriate. Once the harness is complete, it will be installed to verify that it fits as designed. Once it passes the test, it is removed so it can be taped up and wrapped in thermal protective sheathing in areas that will run near high heat sources. It will also be covered in split loom.

However, prior to wrapping, each wire color, gauge, length and purpose will be drawn out to a digital color diagram. I do this for easier troubleshooting if there is ever a problem. My memory isn't what it used to be, so this is a real time saver. Plus, if I ever want to make another custom FSJ harness, I won't have to go through all these steps. This Jeep has a lot of technology in it and it requires quite a bit of extra attention. There are no factory harnesses like it to buy. Besides, if there were, they would cost 10 times what this costs. I have about 10 vehicles worth of wiring in my stock pile.

No pics at this time. But soon there will be.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.