5 or 6 lug - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 5 or 6 lug

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 10-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

5 or 6 lug

Im looking at set of '79 waggy axles on craigslist for my cj, the pic in the add shows them to be five lug. The owner of them says that they are five lug. I thought all the '70-80's waggys cherokees were six lug. He also said the rear wms-wms is 59 1/4". Does this sound right?

big_o_tom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
CSP

Any '74 and up fullsize Jeep other than the 3/4 ton J-pickups will be six lug.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

Thats what I thought also. I think even though they were pulled from a '79 wagoneer they were originally
in a scout.
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

If from a Scout, they would be too narrow for Wagoneer. '89 Wagoneer Ltd is like an XJ (smaller 5 on 4.5" lug pattern) '73 and older FSJs had mostly 5 on 5.5" like CJ (but all closed knuckle with drum brakes)

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

Ive got a scout front and rear. Ive been using the rear for ten years. The front after some research, is not going to be used. Thats why I was wondering about this one thats for sale. The width is very close to a scout or a wagoneer but its five lug like a scout, but it doesnt have scout knuckles. The owner dont know what it is, I cant figure it out, so I dont think Im going to buy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.