4wd swich at the dash.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 4wd swich at the dash..

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 12-07-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Eduardo Villegas

4wd swich at the dash..

I have an 87 Grand Wagoneer with a 2wd---4wd switch at the dash also it has a Hi-N-Lo lever close to my seat. The lever is impossible to be mooved. What shall I do?

Unread 12-15-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
bruno

Eduardo- Hola!
I've got a 1988 WAG that is the same way. The T Case Selector (the lever that get's you to 4-LO is REALLY TOUGH to move. My 4 Wheel guy says that they are all that way, but you can get it there with a lot of muscle or a linkage adjustment.

The 4WD switch on the dash is vaccum operated and you are in 4HI if the light is on. The lever controls 4LO, which unless you are in a very difficult OFF-ROAD situation you shouldn't use.

Hope this helps!
Feliz Navidad!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.