401 swap update. HP estimates break in Q's too. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 401 swap update. HP estimates break in Q's too.

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Reply
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #76
revelc
Registered User
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5
About 8 years ago, it was like $2 before Obama got in

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
I remember being in Cali at my AF tech school after Obama was elected and a few months later they were around $6. Something for premium

I had a suburban with a 12" lift, 35"s, and a hot 350 with aluminum Edel heads, and a ton of mods. It drank gas so bad i got it for $3,500 in mint condition.
1/3 of my pay went into my tank and into Al Gores "statistics" lol.

Good times.

__________________
Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
revelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #77
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc

I remember being in Cali at my AF tech school after Obama was elected and a few months later they were around $6. Something for premium

I had a suburban with a 12" lift, 35"s, and a hot 350 with aluminum Edel heads, and a ton of mods. It drank gas so bad i got it for $3,500 in mint condition.
1/3 of my pay went into my tank and into Al Gores "statistics" lol.

Good times.
WoW do u have a picture of it?! Sounds like a cool rig

Sent from my fsj Cherokee chief using JeepForum
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #78
revelc
Registered User
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 663
Here she is.

This is before I stripped the interior, installed only one racing seat in it, and cut the top off.

Hey, we are all young once.

image-4199257198.jpg



image-1853772617.jpg
__________________
Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
revelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #79
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Picture after you cut it? Sounds cool!!! Yah I'm still young

if only gas was cheaper!!
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #80
revelc
Registered User
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5
Picture after you cut it? Sounds cool!!! Yah I'm still young

if only gas was cheaper!!
Unfortunately I lost the rest of my pictures.

But I will have a cooler Waggy soon enough
__________________
Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
revelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #81
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc

Unfortunately I lost the rest of my pictures.

But I will have a cooler Waggy soon enough
Yup!!!! I like my Cherokee chief 2dr wide trac, I need new aluminum wheels, but it has my favorite set up, 258, 208 case, 727 trans, Dana 44 front, the only thing I don't like is the AMC 20 rear diff

if only gas was cheaper!!
image-1807785358.jpg  
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #82
revelc
Registered User
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5

Yup!!!! I like my Cherokee chief 2dr wide trac, I need new aluminum wheels, but it has my favorite set up, 258, 208 case, 727 trans, Dana 44 front, the only thing I don't like is the AMC 20 rear diff

if only gas was cheaper!!
Love those old Jeeps. I'd take your wide track 20 off of if I could.

I just wish my Jeep got the economy of my little 5-speed Yota I used to have. That will probably happen before gas gets cheaper lol.


image-422647448.jpg
__________________
Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
revelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #83
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc

Love those old Jeeps. I'd take your wide track 20 off of if I could.

I just wish my Jeep got the economy of my little 5-speed Yota I used to have. That will probably happen before gas gets cheaper lol.
Ha ha lol!! Yah 20 is good for a 1/2 ton 4x4 jeep, our 99 suburban 4x4 gets like 12-14

if only gas was cheaper!!
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #84
revelc
Registered User
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdj5

Ha ha lol!! Yah 20 is good for a 1/2 ton 4x4 jeep, our 99 suburban 4x4 gets like 12-14

if only gas was cheaper!!
I meant your wide track axle. Lol
__________________
Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
revelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #85
jeepdj5
Registered User
1982 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc

I meant your wide track axle. Lol
Oh we'll you can have it if you give me a j10 Dana 44

if only gas was cheaper!!
jeepdj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.