360 wagoneer block removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 360 wagoneer block removal

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
alyman85
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

360 wagoneer block removal

I am going to swap engines between two 1985 grand wagoneers and am looking for tips on removing the engine blocks. I recently bought a parts wagoneer that is the same color and year as the one I have now, but in surprisingly better condition, with a blown engine and just a few thousand more miles. So I have decided to switch over my motor, and trade components as needed. I only want to remove the engine, and leave the transmission in each respective vehicle. Has anyone removed the block/taken pictures? Just trying to do some research before I dive in

alyman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

I've pulled many with the trans left intact. Bell housing bolts, remove inspection cover, torque converter bolts, leave the torque converter on trans. Takes a little wiggling to loose the pins to the bell housing, that's it. Clear all accessories, exhaust, fuel line, wiring, vacume. Pull front accessories, fan, alt, radiator, ps pump, and whatever else you see as obvious
"Its a Jeep thing, and I still don't understand"
05 Renegade OME 927, 947, top plate, JBA 4.5s ,ST/MAXX 245/75/16
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

It's not as bad as you think. Just TAKE YOUR TIME and don't over think things. Use a block of wood and jack up the tranny a little before you pull the engine out. I pulled the intakes to use a shorter chain so the cherry picker wouldn't have to travel as much. Use a pry bar to gently separate the torque converter from the flex plate. The rest should be easy. Best of luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.