$2,000 for new new blazer or upgrade what I have? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > $2,000 for new new blazer or upgrade what I have?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

EDIT not new new. New to me. It's an 89 K5 with a 700R.

My Jeep has been a pain. It's hard to find parts locally (I live in a rural area) and fuel mileage sucks for the "power" I get. I am driving 30 miles round trip a day to work and although my Wag is cool, it either needs to impress me more or become a toy.

My hot rod builder uncle told me I would be better off getting an old 350 TBI Blazer he has than I would making a lot of power safely in my Jeep. My cam is tapping and I have two options.

I could go full roller in my 401 for high HP and torque in the lower RPM without needing a big stall. If I go this route it will be getting a 2,000 or a 2,400 stall converter. And the TF tranny 1st sucks for taking off. It will also need lower gears.

Or I can buy the blazer which runs great, has 4x4, with 31" mud terrains, and will get twice the MPG's and my Jeep will be able to be torn down and built to my specs and at my own pace.

Unread 04-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

sounds like you got a plan. Keep the jeep, buy a chevy. Drive the chevy, build the jeep. Drive the jeep, sell the chevy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.