1991 Grand Wagoneer Rear Wiper Motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1991 Grand Wagoneer Rear Wiper Motor

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
showpony
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

1991 Grand Wagoneer Rear Wiper Motor

Hello,
Looking for some help on how to fix my rear wiper motor. The shaft wasn't spinning and after trouble shooting, I found that the connections between the pigtail going into the board on the top of the motor are not connected.

My question: How do the connections from the pigtail (tan, red, violet, and black) attach to the board on the motor (a wire from the rear coil, a ground wire to the housing, and an open spot on the diode)?
Please look at the picture I have attached. Thanks for your help all!

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...404_201221.jpg
and
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...404_201135.jpg

Brian

showpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hello Brian - did you ever get a response for this or figure it out. My rear wiper motor was found to be missing the cover and possible damaged but I would like to get it working again.

I also posted pics of mine today. Cant remember the heading off hand but its misspelled.

Thanks,
mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Searching site for used rear wiper motor for an 89 grand wagoneer. Anybody have one willing to sell. Sorry if this is the wrong post area. I have also searched IFSJA website but for some reason I lost access to my account and cant get anybody to reset my access or else I would look over there.

Thanks,
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
RockRollin
"Positive.....I think"

1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatch View Post
Searching site for used rear wiper motor for an 89 grand wagoneer. Anybody have one willing to sell. Sorry if this is the wrong post area. I have also searched IFSJA website but for some reason I lost access to my account and cant get anybody to reset my access or else I would look over there.

Thanks,
Try FSJnetwork
IFSJA went on the blink not long ago. I remember Tad writing that many folks lost access. You can find Tad on FSJnetwork and e-mail him.
Now onward. Have you though about re-fitting a more modern wiper motor, it may be an easier task
RockRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
mpatch
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have thought about a re-fit and I have read that many vehicles use the same motors or can be interchanged but not sure where or how to find out what other vehicles have the same motor. Has anyone on here used a different rear wiper motor for another vehicle in their GW.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.