1983 Wagoneer Transmission options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1983 Wagoneer Transmission options?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
algomez
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

1983 Wagoneer Transmission options?

I have a 1983 Jeep Wagoner I6 with automatic transmission. I'm not sure which gear ratio. Does anyone know where I can check this?

Also, will the transmission from the V8 version of this Wagoner fit the I6 258 4.2L as a direct bolt on? Are there any other Jeeps or cars where I can use the tranny as a bolt on?

Thank you all for your help. My first post of many to come, hi all!

Alex

Last edited by algomez; 01-29-2012 at 02:08 AM..
algomez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
algomez
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Anyone? Thanks
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

It's a 727 or 999 auto. Jeep V8 trans will bolt up (80 to 91) The car trans is 2wd

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
algomez
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Took a while but I really appreciate your response, thank you!

I'm currently rebuilding the engine on a 1983 Wagoneer 4.2l 258 and the tranny takes a while to go into reverse....now I know I have more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuck View Post
It's a 727 or 999 auto. Jeep V8 trans will bolt up (80 to 91) The car trans is 2wd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.