1983 , grand wagoneer specs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1983 , grand wagoneer specs

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
jruba

1983 , grand wagoneer specs

Hello FSJ owners , i would like to know all the specs on a 83 waggy , do any of you guys know where can i find them ? any link ? tanx in advance ..

jruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
jode
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Go copy your VIN number and then take a look here:
http://www.ifsja.org/tech/figures/vin81-88.shtml

It will tell you exactly what came stock on your '83 (engine, body style, tranny, tcase, etc.)

You should have a D44 front axle and either a D44 or a AMC 20 (w/ one piece shafts) in the rear - you can tell cause if the front and rear diffs looks identical, then they are both 44s, if the rear one is more rounded, then the rear is a 20 (also known as a M23)

90 YJ, 2.5L, 5-speed
jode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
jruba

I dont have a VIN number , im triying to buy one , i need the differentials for a yj .....the thing is i want to be sure waht im getting , tanx.
jruba is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.