1982 FSJ Wagoneer keeps slipping into neutral when driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1982 FSJ Wagoneer keeps slipping into neutral when driving

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
briancobabe
1982 FSJ Wagoneer 

1982 FSJ Wagoneer keeps slipping into neutral when driving

When it slips into neutral, if i give a low amount of rev on the engine after a few moments it'll slip back into gear with a bit of a clunk. Other times I have to put the truck into park, and then back into gear for it to work. what i'm really confused about is there's been a puddle of fluids showing under the truck, not a ton or anything, but i've checked every fluid religiously and nothing is low. could it be the transfer case? is it the linkage? i dont know what to do, please help!

brian cobabe
480 238 9399

briancobabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.