1980 4.2l - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Full Size Jeep Forum > 1980 4.2l

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 12-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
kernalklink
1995 XJ Cherokee 

1980 4.2l

so it seems that in 1980 jeep amc or whoever was building them then, decided that in 1980 to use some weird intake and header, so it cracked and fell apart(weird) i was looking into replacing it but i cannot find a good one for cheap.

so my question --
what is required to put a GM 350 in my FS jeep, i can find the engine mounts for sale but not able to find a bell housing.

the jeep currently has a 4-speed and so does the truck i would get the engine from.

anyone with experience want to help me out?

Supports SSSM
kernalklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
pbrutsch

http://www.novak-adapt.com/

Novak Adapters might be able to help you choose an adapter to mate the Jeep 4spd to the GM bellhousing.
Unread 12-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
kernalklink
1995 XJ Cherokee 

perfect, now if only 1980 wasnt such an elusive year for parts.

seems like every listing skips 1980, no matter what part it is, no matter what site is listing it either.

- but now i get to go crawl under the beast to figure some stuff out!

Supports SSSM
kernalklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
847jeff
1983 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernalklink
so it seems that in 1980 jeep amc or whoever was building them then, decided that in 1980 to use some weird intake and header, so it cracked and fell apart(weird) i was looking into replacing it but i cannot find a good one for cheap.

so my question --
what is required to put a GM 350 in my FS jeep, i can find the engine mounts for sale but not able to find a bell housing.

the jeep currently has a 4-speed and so does the truck i would get the engine from.

anyone with experience want to help me out?
Check out BJ's offroad or International Full Size Jeep Association forums are full of info that may help you out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.